9: Deep crap

I snapped my fingers. I now wore a black gown. It flowed down to the ground, resembling my father's black cloak. Except there was no hood. Long black gloves formed over my hands. I allowed myself to accept my powers. It was difficult trying to master it. I could feel my powers surging through me like a rushing river.

Aramis clutched my red cloak tightly as he looked at me in awe.

"What?" I asked afraid.

"Nothing, it's just, you..." he breathed out.

"Is there something in my teeth? Is it my wings? It's the dress, isn't it?" I babbled.

He chuckles, "No, it's non of that. Its just that--you look so much better without it on."

I blush.

"And look, nothing bad has happened." he said.

"Yet. Nothing's happened yet." I corrected him.

He rolls his eyes at me, then holds out his hand.
"Come on." he tells me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I want to take you to this club. I heard it was pretty cool. Plus you seem like you need a drink or two." He said.

His wings snap open. I couldn't help but want to touch the powdery grey feathers.

"How did you get your wings." I found myself ask.
I didn't want to pry into his life, but I was curious.

His face seemed to darken, as his eyes glossed over to a tragic memory.

"If I answer your questions, then I get to ask a few of my own." he said.

"Touché." I say. I drop my subject.

We both knew that the other held a deep past. Neither one of us wanted to test the other. In a way we didn't want to offend the other, or have the other sad. As crazy as it sounded, I never want to see Aramis upset.

A small part of me knew he felt the same way.

~~*~~

"This is what you call fun?" I asked as a stared at the underground club. It was called Temptation. People bumped and grind against one another to the beat. Black lights made the room look like a whole new, alien bright universe.

I felt like someone was calling my name. I could smell the lust in the air, it was intoxicating.

"Princess Layla-Fia." Whispers a dark, seductive voice.
I frantically searched the room for the voice.

I could feel myself loosing focus on containing my power.

"I want to leave." I whisper in Aramis ear.

He looked at me with a worried look.
"Okay let's go."

Suddenly the music stops.

Everyone in the room freezes.
Aramis shields himself in front of me. His sword was once again in his hands.

A tall figure slowly makes their way to us through the crowd. He had snow white hair, that matched his fare skin. His eyes glowed with interest, as he looked at me behind Aramis.

"Ah, my dear niece, you have come home." He said. His voice was so sweet. I was drawn to him.

"Don't listen to him." Aramis said through his teeth. "Never thought I would live long enough to see the Incubus King."

"And you won't live long to tell either." the fare one hissed.

His words brought me back to reality.
"No! You will not touch him!" I boomed.
At that moment, blue flames lapped up my body. My powers were trying to break through.

"Wait, don't tell me you don't even recognize your own blood?" He asked while putting up his hands in surrender. I could see fear in his eyes.

"Kingston?" I said while squinting my eyes in confusion.

"Sic, non est me." he purred in Latin.

Uh-oh.

I'm in deep crap now.