17: Hunters Island

The three Elders P. O. V.~

The dark beast glanced down at the elders with hungry red eyes.
"Is she here?" It asked in a deep, gravely voice. The elders shivered from the sound of his voice. It was a voice so evil, that it made the boggy man's voice seem like a friendly clown.

"She is here, in safe condition. Just as you asked. But may we ask you a question?" The elders spoke in a creepy unison. The dark beast found it annoying. He made a small gesture with his hand for them to continue.
"Why should the demi-hunter stay with her?" They asked. Each of the elders were terrified to question the dark beast. But it was a question that stuck in there mind.
They saw no need for the boy to be in the mix of this. He was just a simple mistake of tainted hunters blood. In other words, the Demi-hunter was their experiment.

The dark beast barked out what seemed like laughter. It's threatening, red leathery wings flapped angrily as he spoke harshly. "I need her powers to be at their peak! She needs the mutt so she can feed her demon. How am I to have a weak adolescent by my side? Now go, before I forget about our deal we made. The
one about the safety of the hunters bloodline to be safe, once my war breaks out."

The elders shuffled out of the room as quickly as possible. Yet they still held their perfect triangular formation. Alic in front and at his sides stood his trusty brother and sister, Si and Helena.

The conversed inside each other's head. A few hunters walked past and greeted them. They kept a masked face. Allowing no emotions to show through.

"What shall we do for the demon hybrid?" Helena asked. "You know that the other hunters here won't like her staying under the same roof as them." she adds.

Si agreed with his sister. Sure the other hunters looked up to the elders, but that won't stop them from tormenting the girl in a hurtful way. Mentally or physically.

"She must find a way to protect herself from harm. The girl has no fighting skills. We shall send or best fighter to teach her. If she is who the dark one says she is, maybe there is hope for the world after all." Alic says.

"But what if she's not?" Si questioned.

They continued to their headquarters in silence. For they did not want to truly believe that all hope was gone. They couldn't trust that foul beast they made a deal with. All they could do was pray to the heavens for an answer.

~~~*~~~

Layla's P.O.V.

I could feel every once of anger and frustration I had locked up inside of me, building up. Wanting to be released. Chloe had a different look on her small innocent face. It was like she wanted me to fight her. Suddenly, Aramis stepped in the way. I could see grey fur starting to sprout on his skin. His sword inches away from Chloe's neck.

My powers quickly snapped back inside of me. It took a lot of effort to control it this time. It was just like holding sand in your hands. I could still fill a few gaps where it creeped out.

"What the hell do you think your doing Ginger?" He growled.

"I didn't hurt her for real." she said mater of fact like tone.
Aramis pressed the tip of his blade against her skin. A trail of rusty blood trickled down her neck. she kept a cool expression as she spoke again. "I used a false blade. She can only feel the pain of the weapons I attack her with, but there will be no real physical damage."

I glanced down at my stomach and saw no blood. There wasn't even a hole where I got stabbed.

Aramis slowly retracted his blade. "Next time, warn us." he says.