Chapter 3

"Harry?"

I looked up and the bottle of Coke slipped from my fingers.

"Niall?"

"Wow... It's so good to see you, mate." Niall said, awkwardly moving his body, like he couldn't decide if he should hug me or shake my hand or do nothing.

"Yeah, you too." I said breathlessly.

Oh my God. I couldn’t believe he was right here in front of me. I tried to fight the urge to hug him but it overpowered me. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a tight embrace.

I have no idea how many seconds passed; it just felt so good to be so close to him again. I’ve missed it so much over the past 3 years.

Suddenly Niall cleared his throat and I released him. I took a step back and looked him up and down.

“You look great.” I said with a small smile. He really did. His face had matured more in the past 3 years than it had in the 6 we were in a band together. He looked amazing. Gorgeous chiseled features, that bone structure, perfect teeth…

“You too, mate. Your hair hasn’t changed a bit.” Niall smiled at me and gently ruffled my curly hair that was probably a mess from just watching movies all day.

“What are you doing here?” I asked after pushing his hand away from my hair.

“Just picking up some snacks.” He said gesturing to the bags in his arms.

“No I mean like, here in Nottingham.” I looked towards my shoes.

“Oh… Well it’s a bit of a long story…” Niall looked down towards the floor as well.

“Well I’ve actually got to get back to my girlfriend but do you want to grab a drink and catch up? Maybe tomorrow?”

“Yeah, sure.” He grinned up at me.

“Here, put your number in.” I said, handing him my phone.

“You don’t still have it?”

“Oh, I uh… I do… You just hadn’t texted me back really ever so I figured you might’ve changed your number after we split up.”

“I’m sorry about that… I’ll explain that when we get that drink, yeah?”

I slightly nodded my head with a small smile.

“Sure. Well I’ve got your number then. I’ll text you.” I held up my phone and smiled.

“Right. I’ve got to get going. I’ll talk to you later, Harry.” Niall grinned as he walked away.

“Bye, Niall.” I said barely loud enough for anyone to hear.

-

“Harry, baby, are you okay?” Madison softly asked me.

“Yeah, yeah, of course. Just tired I guess. I think I’ll head to bed soon.” I sat forward with my elbows on my knees and rubbed my eyes. I could feel Madison lay a gentle hand on my back.

“You’ve worked a lot of extra hours this week, not to mention helping out at the pub, I’m sure you’re exhausted. Go ahead and get into bed and I’ll come in and give you a massage, yeah?” She said as she sat up next to me gently rubbing my back.

“Okay, sounds good.” I gave her a small smile and went to my bedroom. I peeled off my shirt and slipped out of my jeans. I got under the covers and curled up, wishing I could have told Madison I just wanted to be alone tonight. I haven’t been able to get my mind off of Niall. I hadn’t thought about him for so long… How could seeing him once bring back everything from those 6 years? I didn’t realize how much I missed him… how much I just missed being around him, let alone how much I missed being his friend and sharing so much with him. He was probably my best friend out of the group, until Abby at least. Then Liam kind of took over by comforting me whenever Niall blew me off for her.