Chapter 6

ZAYN’S POV

“Mum?”

I look up to see my mum standing in my doorway, staring at me and Niall.

We stay there, all three of us exchanging looks for what seemed like hours but in reality was only like 30 seconds. The whole time Niall still lying on top of me.

“I think I should go…” Niall blurts out before getting off me and running out of my room.

“Hun, you don’t have to leave” my mum turns and calls for him, but he’s already gone.

She turns back and fixes her eyes on me.

I was so not in the mood to talk about this.

“Mum I can-” she interrupts.

“Zayn, you don’t have to explain, I already know,” she walks over to my bed and sits on the corner.

I look at her, confused, “What do you mean when you say you already know?”

“Zayn, I’m your mum. Mum’s know everything, whether you like it or not” she smiles at me.

I’m so confused. Why didn’t she ever talk to me, or tell me that she knew. It would’ve been much easier if she told me, instead of me having to keep a huge secret like this.

She saw the confused look on my face, “Zayn, I didn’t tell you I knew because I wanted you to get the strength and courage to tell me, yourself.” Her eyes smiling. 

“I’m sorry mum, I should’ve told you a long time ago. About me being gay... and having a boyfriend... I’m sorry” I look at her.

“Zayn, don’t be sorry. There’s nothing to be sorry about. I still love you, and so do the girls.” She places her hand on my leg, as a sign for comfort.

“The girls?” I’m confused.

“Yes, Zayn, your sisters know,” I stare at her.

“Why would you tell them?” I feel the anger rising in my body.

“I didn’t Zayn, they saw you and Niall, then came and told me,” she tries to comfort me more.

I think to myself, wow Zayn; you’re very good at keeping secrets.

“Okay, I’m going to go start making dinner and I suggest you go call that boyfriend of yours,” she emphasizes the word boyfriend, smiles, and walks out of the room.

I sit there for a few minutes just thinking about how happy I am that I don’t have to keep this huge ass secret from her.

I don’t do what she suggests; instead I take off my shirt and jeans, leaving only my boxers on, and cuddle up with my blankets and drift off into a deep sleep.

- NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL -

NIALL’S POV

I never got a call from Zayn yesterday after… well … his mum saw us. Not one call. Not one text. Nothing.

I had no idea what happened with his mum. I really hope he’s okay.

“NIALL” I turn to see Louis yelling my name in the hallway.

“Oh, hey Louis.”

“Where’s Zayn?” he asks.

“I don’t know. I haven’t heard from him yesterday when his mum walked in on us kissing…” I trail off.

“SHE WHAT?” Louis screams.

Everyone stops walking and stares at us. I grab Louis’ arm and pull him into the janitor’s closet and close the door.

“Look, me and Z were making out and his mum walked in, and then I ran out of him room and left. And he hasn’t called or texted me back yet.” I sound nervous.

“So now Zayn’s mum knows?” he asks.

“Yeah,” I reply.

“Well I haven’t seen him yet, but the first class hasn’t even started yet so he might come a little later,” I try to get my hopes up.

.

The whole day goes by and Zayn never shows up for any of his classes. I’m really nervous. I couldn’t focus at all today. All I could think about was Zayn and if he’s okay.

The last class of the day ends and I get in my car and just sit there.

I miss him. I miss his smile, his eyes, his everything. I just want him with me right now.

I start my car and drive home. I park my car and walk inside.

“Hey Niall, how was school?” my mum asks with a smile.

I ignore her and walk upstairs to my room. I open the door and lay down on my bed with my eyes closed. I just wanted to sleep.

I was on the verge of falling asleep when I heard my favorite voice in the whole world.

“Hey Ni,” you could hear his smile.

I instantly sit up and open my eyes to see my amazing boyfriend.

“ZAYNIE!” I scream, almost a little too loud.

He comes over to me and I grab him and hug him so hard. I missed him so much.

He lets go of me only to see tears in my eyes.

“I missed you so much. I was so worried about you” he grabs my hand.

He just smiles at me.

“Why didn’t you text me or call me back?” I ask eagerly.

“I was busy,” he replies.

“With what?” I ask confused.

“Planning our date,” he looks me in the eyes and smiles.

“Our … date?” I stutter.

“I planned a weekend Just you and me. You’ll have to skip school. But if you don’t want to, I can reschedule-” I stop him mid-sentence.

“No, I want to go,” I pull him in.

We start kissing and it gets gradually more like yesterday before Zayn’s mum walked in when I pull my lips away from his.

“What are we doing tomorrow?” I question.

“It’s a surprise.”