Chapter 2

ZAYNS’S POV

“So he’s going to come over here and work on your guys’ science project while we’re hanging out?” Louis says kind of annoyed.

“Yeah, I have to get a good grade on this project to get into Uni,” I reply.

“But why does he have to come over here... while we’re hanging out... You don’t even know the kid and you’re just going to let him come over and interrupt our-”

“YES, I am. Stop asking so many questions” I interrupt Louis.

“Jeez, back off,” Louis says surrendering.

I’m trying to clean up the house a little bit without Louis noticing. I want the house to look clean and nice. I’m really nervous for Niall to come over. I still can’t get past the fact that we got put into the same group. I just… Words can’t even explain how happy I am.

I pick up a few socks I find and throw them into my room, when Louis sees what I am doing.

“Whatcha doin’ over there?” Louis asks smirking.

“Just cleanin’ up a little. I don’t want the house to be a mess when he comes over.”

“Ohhh, I get it. You’re cleaning up the house for your boyfriend, eh,” Louis says grinning (and jokingly).

“What no, he’s not my boyfriend you twat!” I reply defensively.

I didn’t want Louis to know that I have a crush on Niall, at least not yet. I mean, Louis knows that I’m gay and he’s perfectly fine with it. I mean, he’s bi so he understands.

“Look, I’m just trying to clean up the house a little. It’d be great if you helped a little”.

“Okay” Louis replies with his back turned.

He was smirking. I just knew it.

“So Zayn, tell me a little about this Niall kid.” Louis says kind of happily.

“Well, he’s kind of quiet and shy so don’t try and put him on the spot or anything. He’s got blonde hair and braces. He seems really nice. To be honest I don’t know much about him. I’ve only talked to him once” I say happy, yet sad at the same time. I zone out thinking about the time our hands rubbed against each other.

Zayn Flashback

“Here’s my number,” I say handing a folded piece of paper to him. While doing that, our hands touched. THEY FUCKING TOUCHED.

I watched him quickly slide the paper in his pocket and walk away. I felt his hand. His warmth. I loved touching him (as weird as that sounds).

The next thing I know I’m in the cafeteria sitting down talking to Liam.

“So how’s everybody’s first day of this year going?” Liam asked with a smile.

“Great. Just great.” I say quietly, hoping only I would hear it.

“What’s going on, Z?” Liam asks.

“Have you ever seen someone and absolutely fancied them the second you saw them, knowing that you had to have them?” I say in that ‘desperate-romantic’ voice.

“Yeah, well to be honest no,” Liam says comforting.

“Well it’s like when you’re playing FIFA and you’re about to lose and you’re so close to giving up, but you  keep trying your hardest and  then you win. And excitement and joy runs throughout your whole body”

I look at the boys. Their faces confused.

“So basically you’re comparing ‘love at first sight’ to playing a video game?” Louis says jokingly.

“That’s exactly what I’m doing,” I say confidently.

End of Flashback

“ZZAAYNN” I hear Louis yelling my name.

Damn. I was day dreaming about Niall while in the middle of a conversation with Lou.

“ZAYN JAVADD MALIK” Louis screams my name again.

“WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY NEED THAT’S SO IMPOR-“I stop, mid-sentence.

Niall was looking at me with his cute little innocent face. Lou, not so much. He was looking at me with an angry and annoyed face.

“What’s up….?” The only words I can mumble out of my mouth.

“Not much, can you point me to the toilet?” He asks nervously.

“Uh yeah, it’s right down the hall to your right,” I reply.

He walks to the bathroom and I stare (with a slight smile) at that cute butt of his. Ugh, it’s so cute.

“Why don’t just ask if you can touch it?” Louis says grinning.

Shit. Now Louis knows that I like Niall. Could this get any worse?

“Don’t worry man, your secret is safe with me” He says while patting my back and walking towards the couch.

NIALL’S POV

That had to have been one of the most awkward times in my whole life. I feel so embarrassed. I just had to get out of that uncomfortable meeting. I’ve never seen Zayn angry like that. I mean, of course he wasn’t actually angry, he was just annoyed. But ugh he was so cute like that. The veins in his neck rising and his accent, oh his accent.

I finally reach the toilet, quickly closing the door and locking it. I finish, ya know… doing my stuff haha, and wash and dry my hands. I reach for the door trying to open it. It didn’t budge.

Fuck.

Of course I would get locked in a bathroom, in someone else’s house; Zayn’s house of all houses. My Irish luck as failed me again.

As I start fiddling with the door, I hear conversation on the other side of the door. I press my ear against the door.

“So that Niall kid seems nice,” The Louis kid says.

“Yeah, he is! I haven’t talked to him much but he seems really sweet, and fun, and just a joy in life,” Zayn says. I can hear the smile on his face.

I can’t believe Zayn said I seemed nice and “a joy in life”. Just this morning I was going to cancel because I thought he didn’t like me. I thought he was just one of those jerky popular kids. I was starting to second-guess my stereotype on this kid.

Maybe I was judging Zayn too quickly. . .

“I’m just nervous; I don’t want to blow this project with him. And you obviously know-“

BANG. I fall on the ground as the door swings open.

Zayn and Louis’ head turn quickly towards the loud noise and crash. I’m lying on the ground; and they’re staring at me.

Normally I would’ve been super embarrassed, but all I could think about is what Zayn was saying.

What was he saying? And what did Louis “obviously know”?

I had to know.