80|| Rook to E8 {Checkmate}

2017, a whole twelve years later. To those having witnessed such a time, it moves quickly with the aging of parents and children alike, bound together by more than just blood and morals, but stories of the ever-aging--still present--past. Of course there are always the lingering issues of the War: telling the children of Voldemort and explaining to them why mother has a scar. But for the most part, it is a domestic life with the press focusing on the families of the Golden Trio, both at home and away at work.

But in those passing years, there are constants to ground the heroes of the War: Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Gringotts, Platform 9¾. And it is the latter that places them into reality on September 1, 2017--the first day of a new term at Hogwarts and bringing with it a noticeable amount of stress for parents and First Year students alike.

And none more so than Albus Severus Potter, the second son and child of Harry Potter and Ginevra Weasley. He might've been here in past years to see his brother off, but to be departing on the train provides a whole new mindset and perspective of the King's Cross experience. Albus is shepherded through the growing crowds of muggles by his two parents, lingering with his sister while his brother surges onward with a black dog by his side, both nearly dancing in excitement. Muggles watch them as if knowing the identity of his father, but Albus further blames the attention on the dog in the train station if only to remove himself from more attention.

At Platform 9¾, James Sirius Potter--a twelve year old Gryffindor--only looks at his parents and brother before charging through the barrier and into the magical world of his forebearers. Unnecessarily wily and mischievous, James has no regard for his bags--knowing his parents to be capable--as he rushes through the fuzzy dimension and into the platform from which the Hogwarts Express will depart. And though he is running at full throttle towards his friends, James is held back again--not by his parents--but by an arm clad in white linen that wraps around his waist and pulls him away from the train.

"Woah there," Tom Riddle remarks, having barely caught the boy before he escaped them for another four months, "where are you going, James?"

Perhaps knowing the drill, James Sirius is quick to embrace his uncle and aunt, overly hasty and with a lacking feeling they know to already exist

Perhaps knowing the drill, James Sirius is quick to embrace his uncle and aunt, overly hasty and with a lacking feeling they know to already exist. His Uncle Tom watches him with sheer amusement while his Aunt Hermione seems almost nostalgic in her smile at him. But practically begging, James moves away with, "I've made something new. I gotta go!"

As the young Potter rushes off towards the Express, Hermione releases a sigh and shakes her head wearily, her curly hair brushing the cheek of the daughter that sits on her hip. Looking at Tom, she reminds him, "You're a bad influence."

"