56|| Pawn to F4

56|| Pawn to F4

The cart that is to take the six is far more dangerous looking than the one that accompanied Tom Riddle when he bought his first and only vault. Unlike that one, this cart bears only a bench instead of seats, and even more so, without handles. But it almost seems fitting that this transportation looks a menace, given the dangerous task that must fit to the dangerous details. If they were chained into safety, Tom would surely be suspicious.

Climbing languidly onto the cart, Tom and Hermione take to one side of the bench, and Harry and Ron the other, with the two goblins splitting the space in between. And though it may be unnecessary with the deception present, Tom's always been one to cover the bottom-line, faking to move near Harry only to get closer to Bogrod.

"Imperio." And they are off without hesitation.

"  And they are off without hesitation

//////////////

Hermione wonders how many wizards and witches have been killed on the precarious tracks of this wizarding bank, travelling far too fast for the tight turns and wobbly edges. Her hands cling to the center console for any sense of safety, knowing it's better not to use a Sticking Spell in case of a needed escape. And although she is under another facade, she clutches to Tom, knowing the boy will save her from danger without hesitation. He's like a life preserver in stormy waters.

Tom Riddle is smug at the grip Bellatrix--Hermione--has on him, surely an odd sight for the Snatcher and Death Eater. It's a welcome warmth of pride with the darkness cast through the tunnels, only heightened when she grips tighter to him at the twists, turns, and jerks. Hermione moves closer at each moment, but for reasons other than Tom expects when she asks her question.

"Why the Unforgivable? We didn't need to," she whispers into his ear, her voice identifiably not Bellatrix's despite the convincing appearance of her body.

Scabior turns to her in all his gruesome sight, the smirking apostrophes on his face an obvious sign of the boy underneath. "I disagree. Goblin's are notoriously stubborn and brazen. It is better to be proactive."

Hermione cannot disagree with that logic, her hand tightening around Scabior's as they make another precarious turn and her stomach flips at the notion of how high they are in the cavern. Of course, Tom remembers her hatred of flying and now understands why, gripping her hand back with increasing possessiveness in the passing of time.

Leaning inward towards the untrustworthy goblins, Harry asks the driving Griphook, "How long before they come after us?"