41|| Bishop to C1

41|| Bishop to C1

Godric's Hollow: a place of such momentous history, both good and bad in the light of passing time. It was the home of Godric Gryffindor himself, so many years ago, yet a example from the past that famous, historical figures are not so different from the rest. Every man, woman, and child desires a home. And later, Godric's Hollow was the place of murder and miracle. James and Lily Potter, two young parents of a singular son, were murdered in the dark of night, leaving behind young Harry to the butcher's knife. And yet, the blow was unsuccessful at everything but scarring, a hint of karma upon the monstrous Dark Lord. Only Harry Potter left Godric's Hollow alive, and the home has since become a relic of darkness and decay.

It seems almost fitting that the trio of unlikely saviors should arrive by night, for indeed, Harry once left Godric's Hollow in the hours of darkness

It seems almost fitting that the trio of unlikely saviors should arrive by night, for indeed, Harry once left Godric's Hollow in the hours of darkness. Around the quaint village, one of history for wizards and normal livelihood for muggles, streetlights glow a beautiful amber, lining the streets in a sense of homeliness, yet not revealing the darkness of the home to any extent. Shadows cast the buildings, almost hiding the Christmas decorations to the untrained eye. And snow: it sits upon the streets in wait of disruption, a challenge to move only for more snow to fall. Indeed, Mother Nature is a master of mystery and power that not even Voldemort can overcome.

In a darkened corner of an even darker alley, the three wizards pop into existence within the small town of Godric's Hollow

In a darkened corner of an even darker alley, the three wizards pop into existence within the small town of Godric's Hollow. And though Harry doesn't realize it--given he has better things to worry about and he's never been necessarily observant--Hermione is completely baffled by the silent Apparition of Tom Riddle. How does he do these things? But the boy seems disinclined to acquiesce as he does not seem to notice Hermione's questioning gaze.

The three now wear clothing more fit for towns and winter, a nice change for all three. While Harry wears nothing of great interest, Tom finds Hermione to be particularly fetching in the magenta hat upon her head, picking up her pink cheeks from flustered thought and the cold. And that fluster comes from Tom's change of clothes, as only she knows, having offered him some of Ron's clothing and prompting Tom to scoff and transfigure his old robes. Now, he wears a dark peacoat, tailored black pants, and a gray knit sweater, all especially charming on his lean form. He looks the best of all of them, just as he always does.