Pilot Episode

A video blog or video log usually shortened to vlog is a form of blog for which the medium is a video. A vlogger is someone who makes a living through vlogs to entertain or piss the fuck off of other people.

It is believed that ninety-nine percent of the audience of vloggers are human beings while the remaining one percent are unknown entities. They are so-called unknown mainly because they are not known; and it should, by all means remain that way.

Author's note: I am recommending everyone that is reading this to stay away from distractions while reading to fully enjoy and immerse yourselves in the story. No persons, places or events are real in this story as these are all the products of the imagination of the author. On that note, lights off let the unexpectedly horrifying vlog begin.

"Is it rolling? Is the camera rolling? Yeah, yeah, I think it is. What is up everyone, Verch Winford here for the last episode of Vlogmas. Can you believe that guys? Last week of Christmas, yo I don't think I'm ready for new year, heck I don't even have resolutions yet mate. Um, what was that?" Verch stops as he is interrupted by a weird noise. "I think it's the ventilation thing. So uh, how'd your holidays-- ugh, seriously what the hell is that?!". Verch is again interrupted by a strong noise, like something is smashing himself by the vents. "Anyways, I hope the best for all of you. Have fun and uh, sorry for this short video. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Verch out, peace!"

Verch grabs his phone and his vlogging camera and went to survey the vents. Strangely enough, he couldn't find anything to justify his suspicions. "I think it's just a raccoon or something. I'll just move out of this old flat".

Later that night, Verch was lying in bed while tweeting. He tweeted,

I think my place is infested with raccoons and animals of the like. I can't shoot videos like this, I think I'll move out by new year.

Verch followed up with sighs of exhaustion and another tweet: 

Merry Christmas Verch nation! Love ya'll!

After a while, his twin brother, Augustus Winford who is also a vlogger texted him, inquiring, "Mate are you really going to move out?". Verch, after contemplating a bit, replied, "Yea, I really can't film with this noise. It's as if someone is clanging himself on to the vents. Do you know a place that I can buy? Preferably somewhere near you and Elizabeth". Augustus replied, "I guess you'll be promoting us then? Yes! I mean you being the number one most subscribed person with us will help us tons. I'll find you a place here mate". Verch replied, "Find me somewhere without raccoons please". While waiting for Augustus' reply, Verch fell asleep. 

A few hours later, Verch woke up to the weird noises he's been hearing lately. He grungily moaned, "What time is it?". Verch unlocked his phone to see the time, 2:58 am. Simultaneously, he read Augustus' text. "The only raccoons here are me and Elizabeth. Hey mate, what if you're in the same situation as Lily. You know, Lily Rosch, the former number one most subscribed vlogger. Rumor has it that she stopped this line of work because ghosts started haunting her. What if you're being haunted bro?". Verch smirked and replied sarcastically, "Yeah, right". 

After Verch replied, he looked for his phone charger. While thoroughly looking for his charger under his bed, something jumped on his bed which made Verch moan painfully and hurt himself, "Bloody hell. What was that?". Verch gave up his conquest on finding his phone charger upon receiving a text whom he initially thought was from Augustus. 

The text said, " 'Bloody hell?' You know where I live?". Verch replied, "Agustus, are you drunk? Are you saying that you live in 'Bloody hell'. Just go to sleep fam". Just a few seconds later, a text came in, "I don't sleep, ever. And yes I live in 'Bloody hell' ;)". 

Verch noticed that those texts weren't from Augustus. Immediately, Verch replied, "Alright mate, what do you want? Are you an obsessed fan or something? Autograph? Signed polaroids, what do you want?". A few moments later the mysterious person replied, "An autograph would do. I left a souvenir for you to autograph at your bathroom".

Seeing the weird texts made Verch exclaim, "What, how the fuck did you get in my bathroom!?". Verch went to his bathroom to see an odd sight. Above his toilet was a lit candle and beside it was his phone charger. The charger had something like the number "6" written on it which wasn't written before. 

Verch assumed that a red marker was used to write that number, but it smelled like blood. Seeing this made Verch even more furious and so he replied to the mysterious person, "I'm calling the cops. I'll make sure to leave you rotting in jail". A few seconds later, the mysterious person replied, "I'm already rotten. Tell the police I live at the country named 'Bloody hell' :)".

Due to these weird and mysterious events, Verch planned on staying at a hotel. On his way to the hotel, he dumped his old phone charger at a garbage can and bought a new one. 

As he was fixing for a room at the hotel, he checked his phone to see that he stopped getting texts from the weird person. After releasing sighs of relief, Verch saw the time, 5:21am. His attention was diverted by the accountant that called him, saying that his room was ready. As soon as he entered the room that he was staying in, Verch immediately threw himself on to the bed and slept.