Chapter 18: Killa Move

Matron:

"Well done." My handler has his back to me. I watch in my corner, content with being ignored at the moment. "Where is he?" The rim of my handler's lab coat sways as he turns on his heel, leveling gaze with SHIELD's traiter emotionessly.

A small pause. "They escaped. He's good." My handler does not reply. "But everything is still going according to our plan."

A deadly hush falls upon the room. I press my body tauter against the cold wall as the scene unfolds before me.

"How so?"

Finn, with his short dark hair, stands taller with confidence. "They are divided because of them two." My handler nods, throwing a brief gaze towards me. Following his line of sight, Finn watches the grim expression on my face. "How is she doing?"

"She's strong, but we're better stocked this time." He's talking about the serum. "I've got enough to keep her going for another three months."

I suppress the urge to grimace at his words. I cannot let him know how much those sessions get to me. "Careful, doc," Finn remarks, "we want to keep her alive."

My handler returns to his work desk. The air smells of stale chemicals. I wonder what the weather is like outside this hellhole. "I know what to do. In fact, we're going for our second shot today. Care to give me a hand?"

For a second, I thought Finn looks uncomfortable. Then, the glint disappears from his eyes. "Of course." What did I expect? This guy in front of me is an animal. All while they're walking towards me, I hold down a shriek and let them tug me onto my feet.

"Care to explain why you're doing this to me this time?" I try, earning myself blank blink from Finn before he pulls my wrists towards him. Ever since I was captured with Lottie, they have never given a full explanation of their plan. We're in the dark, with not a clue what their intention is with us. But whatever they have in mind, I'm not going to let them succeed.

This is going to hurt, I mentally tell myself before taking a deep breath, throwing myself forwards while dragging Finn with me. A curse slips his thin lips when our bodies slam onto the cold ground heavily. The world spins and I feel sick from using so much strength after being fed a meal a day, or sometimes none at all.

"Keep her down!" My handler, whom I have deduced isn't battle trained at all, screams. His harsh voice echoes in the small confinement that is my prison, making my ears ring. Finn 's hand slip out of my hair when I push myself off the floor. Before he can get a hold of me, I am on the ceiling, panting while trying to keep my eyes focused on the men. A wicked bemusement sparks in my handler's eyes while Finn fumes. "Spectacular," the man in white laboratory coat counters. "You're going to be a fine addition to my collection once we're through with you. Finn, get her."

My hair is stuck on dried blood on my cheeks. With a huff, I drop onto the floor when Finn aims a stun gun at me. I know that toy too well now. My body shivers at the sight of it, and Finn smirks. "What do you want, man?" I grumble almost desperately. My lungs are screaming in exhaustion. I don't think I will last another minute.

"We want you," my handler shakes his head like I'm missing something obvious. Honestly, no shit Sherlock. "Let's get this over with," he commands and Finn launches himself at me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Steve:

It's been too long. The chances of Lottie and Matron surviving are bare and bleak. This morning Bucky has left, yet once again, without another note. He's pulled this stunt several times within this month already. The first time he left us without saying anything, we were worried sick, and he only returned three days later, exhausted and pale.