Battle Plans.

Troopers moved out of the command center and rushed to take up defensive positions out side the base. They could hear the constant clanking of the droids as they moved closer to the base.

Back inside the base, Rex, Ahsoka, and Tech were still in the command center.

"The best way to keep this base out of Sep hands is to rig it to blow if something goes terribly wrong fro us." Rex said. "It worked okay on Rishi."

"Take them down with us eh?" Tech said. "I like the sound of that."

Ahsoka cringed, recalling the destroyed base from her nightmare and all her friends lying dead along with her. Rex flinched as well, also recalling what he had seen. He suddenly felt like he had signed death warrants for everyone at the base, Ahsoka and himself included.

"We won't be getting any help from Skywalker either." Rex said after a moment. "He and General Secura are pinned down at their base. If anything they'd be needing us."

Tech nodded. "I'll take Commander Tano and set the charges."

"I'll go out to the front then." Rex said.

"Be careful Captain." Ahsoka said. "I'll join you shortly

Rex dipped his head quickly and dashed out of the base. The fighting had begun.

Anakin was getting more and more frustrated by the second. Something had gone horribly wrong. Ahsoka was in danger. Why hadn't he sensed it before? His own situation looked pretty hopeless. Troopers were getting shot down left and right. He was now back to back with Ayla Secura fending off blaster shots. Coric was off to Anakin's left hauling a wounded brother back into the base. Commander Bly was off to the side with his back to both Jedi.

"This is getting out of hand!" Bly shouted over the blaster fire.

"I know commander!" Ayla shouted back. "We must hold out. Our other base is in trouble. We have to keep the droids occupied here as long as we can."

"Okay Tech. there's enough explosives here to put this place into orbit." Ahsoka handed Tech the remote detonator and the clone captain put it carefully into his belt pouch. The floor shook under their feet from an explosion outside.

"We'd better get out of here Commander." Tech said. He went eerily silent for a moment. Ahsoka realized he was listening to his helmet comms. "The front lines just took a pounding."

"Rex is out there. Come on, he probably needs some help."

Rex was lying on his side in the reddish Felucian sand. A grenade had detonated several feet to his left and the captain had been momentarily stunned.

"Rex!"

Rex jerked his head up at the sound of his name.

"Rex!"

Rex moaned as he pushed himself up. His head hurt, his vision swirled, and his whole body ached.

"Captain! Are you okay?" Kix was suddenly there, pushing Rex back down. Rex grabbed Kix's arm.

"There's no-no t-time...." Rex said. "Just leave me. I'll be fine."

Kix ignored Rex and pulled the captain's helmet off. "You've suffered a minor concussion Sir." Kix said.

"Head hurts...." Rex mumbled. He felt several quick, sharp jabs in his neck.

"Painkiller and a stabilizer." Kix explained. "You'll feel better in a few minutes."

"Casualties?"

"From our team? We lost Ex during that explosion. Tenn's gone too. Jett and Scout are wounded."

Rex sighed sadly. "What are Jett and Scout's condition?"

"Scout's leg is broken. He got tossed around a bit by the explosion. Jett took a spray of droid shrapnel to his side."

Rex caught a glimpse of a green flash of light in the near darkness of the early morning. Ahsoka was running toward them, batting away blaster bolts as she advanced. Kix handed Rex his helmet back and the captain put it back on.

"Rex! Are you okay?" Ahsoka asked as she ran up to them.

"He'll be fine now Commander." Kix said.

The clone medic pulled Rex to his feet. The captain swayed unsteadily at first and Kix had to steady him.

"I'll be okay. I'm fine now." Rex said.

Ahsoka continued to provide cover for Rex and Kix as the got ready to get back into the fray. Kix moved off to help more wounded brothers and Rex resumed fighting.

Hi my amazing lovelies,

sorry I haven't updated in a while  I've been swamped with work being Christmas week and all, please leave a comment below on what you think ( I don't know if anyone actually reads these things or likes them) wishing you all a merry and loving Christmas 

All my love Books4Life❤😘