Chapter 14 (Final)

After a week, Tomomi was the last one released from the hospital. The four girls spent a while with their families, and kept receiving flowers, cards and various gifts from friends and fans. Many people visited them as well, in the hospital and at their homes, and among all the bands and friends were all Flip and former Stereopony members. As a result, Rina's cast was already completely signed and had drawings in many different colors. Everyone who read what Tomomi wrote there ended up laughing, and Rina was already used to the reactions.

They had to see Hirose Kenichi's face again several times in the news, as the police investigation was almost finished and now all the information was available. They could also see pictures of all his victims, including the four men he blew up and the wolf owner Takashi. It seemed like Hirose's first victim in the island was Takashi's sister, who also worked there, so it was easy to understand the big problems between those two.

Eventually, the girls stopped watching the news. They didn't want to see that man's face anymore. It was enough that the whole country knew they'd been attacked by a psycho while they were lost in an unknown place. Tomomi, specially, wouldn’t even get near a TV anymore.

In over three weeks since they were back in Tokyo, the girls' families had already returned to their hometowns because of work. All their younger siblings had returned home before their parents due to school. The four girls got offers for going with them and spending more time with family, but they refused. There were many things to take care of in Tokyo, and at least two of them still had a long recovery period to go through, so there was time to see family again anyway.

The girls still had to talk about what they would do now that all of that was over, and that was what Haruna was thinking about when she rang the doorbell to Rina's house. She checked her phone and it was still 17:30PM, she was early.

No one answered the door, and she let out a heavy sigh. She walked around the house, dragging herself in her black pants and jacket, and stopped when she heard the muffled sound of drumming. She did think that Rina was probably locked in her own studio, since it wasn't time for anyone to arrive yet.

Sighing again, this time with a smile, she kept walking until she reached the back of the house, where she searched under the low wooden step to the back door, which was a bit loose, and found Rina's spare key. Haruna then unlocked the door and let herself in, imagining Rina's face when seeing her there.

The leader made her way through the house, leaving her bag with her things over a couch in the living room, and went to the door which she knew led to the small studio. The sound of drums stopped for a moment, and she thought that was her cue. She pushed the heavy door and tucked her head inside, and saw Rina fixing something on her pedals, sitting behind her white drum set.

When she sat up again, she let out a short scream in shock by seeing Haruna there, and the leader laughed heartily, entering the studio and closing the door behind her.

- Are you trying to kill me? - Rina was now laughing as well, but she seemed really shocked.

- Sorry, no one told you to show me where you hide your spare keys. - Haruna could only have a smile on her face, observing the younger girl being behind that drum set even with a broken arm. She was dressed in a white blouse and a light-blue skirt, and had her right arm perfectly placed in the white sling.

- I didn't intend for you to scare the hell out of me when I showed that to you.

- Yeah, well... Now I see we're both very lucky, because when I opened this door I didn't even think about the fact that you could be naked in here. That's your little "thing" after all.

- I don't walk around the house naked when I know people are coming over. - Rina rolled her eyes and Haruna giggled - And I certainly don't play drums naked...