Chapter 7

Mami didn't know exactly what to do and sighed, holding one of the shotgun bullets between her fingers.

There were only seven bullets, and though that was great, because they never thought they would find a gun in that place, it wasn't a good number of shots either, if they really needed to use that. She put all the bullets back in the small box and figured she would have to ask the others for their opinion on what to do, because she was hoping to test the shotgun first to have an idea of what she was doing with it.

Moving on to another matter, she took the camping bag on her hands and examined it again. It was a little ripped on one side and on a few of the pockets, so they probably couldn't use it to carry small or really important things. She looked at the map on the table once more, and remembered some of the things that she discussed with Tomomi about their future journey.

But it didn't matter, nothing was really working inside her brain at that point anymore. She was too worried about the others.

Suddenly she heard voices and noises outside, and felt relieved.

But then the door opened and Tomomi flew inside the house completely soaked in water, and Mami didn't even had time to say anything before Haruna entered as well, carrying an unconscious Rina on her arms. They were also soaked, and Haruna looked very much in shock, pale and breathing heavily. Then Mami saw the blood on her shirt.

- What the hell?! - she asked, now also seeing blood on Rina's chest and head while Haruna laid her down on the mattress.

- Questions later, come here with the red bag. Bring some clothes too.

Mami didn't think twice and ran to the closet to get it. When she went back to them with the emergency kit and one of the bags in hands, Tomomi was leaving the razor by the side of the fireplace while Haruna removed Rina's drenched shoes and pants.

- I'll need some serious help here, her arm is broken and I don't wanna move it more than what's extremely necessary. - the leader said when Mami dropped both bags by her side and kneeled there as well - And I'm not good with this at all...

- Ok, try to calm down and do what I say. - Mami replied, feeling shocked and worried - Find my shirt, the one I was wearing when we crashed. - she instructed, and Haruna dug into the bag immediately - It's gonna be easier to dress her in that without moving her arm much. It's the right one? - she asked, noticing that arm looked a little odd over the girl's chest.

- Yes, the right arm. - Haruna answered, finding Mami's sleeveless white shirt and unzipping the emergency bag.

- Where is the blood on her head coming from? - the blonde asked while touching Rina's chest cut slightly. Tomomi crouched by Rina's other side, in front of the fireplace.

- Here. - the bassist said, pointing to the cut above Rina's ear.

- Shit, she hit her head?!

- Yes. - Haruna said in a weak voice - She was awake before, but then she said she was dizzy and seeing weird lights, and passed out again when we were carrying her through the river.

- Just tell me what the hell happened. - the guitarist took the emergency kit and started taking out all the things she thought they would need, then she eyed Tomomi - Timo, go back in the house where we found the axe and bring me some of those broken planks from the floor, we'll need something to keep her arm still.

Tomomi nodded and jumped on her feet right away, running to the door and out. Mami looked at Haruna again.

- Get some water here, you'll close this one. - the blonde then pointed at Rina's chest - And I'll take care of this. - she crawled closer to the drummer's head and moved her hair to see the cut better. - Now start telling.