Chapter 36: He Loves Me

Myles left without looking back. I tried telling myself that it was for the best, but I didn't feel that way. I was so screwed up. I couldn't get closer to him, not with Henry on my back and Noah on my mind. I just couldn't go there. Why does this have to be so hard?

I laid there drowning in my thoughts. Now-a-days that was the most dangerous place for me to be. Flashes of things that I left behind were getting through. I thought about Jillian again. I thought about her having a family. In my head she would have been a great mother. Her mate would have been loving, instead of a savage. She would have gotten everything she deserved.

Then I thought about Angela. I'm not sure if she'll ever be the same. She was so broken the last time I saw her. Sammy probably hates me. I wouldn't blame her. I turned my back on her. I turned my back on everything and everyone that caused me pain.

Then there were my parents. I haven't talked to them since the academy. Do they even know that I've been sold? Just as I mentioned them flashes invaded my head. I couldn't make out the pictures, but then again I didn't have long to dwell because someone was coming in through my window at the moment.

I quickly jumped off the bed and backed away. “Who are you?!” I shouted. The perpetrator didn't speak. “You've got one minute to tell me who you are or I'll—”. My heart fluttered in my chest, “Noah!” I whispered/shouted. “You cannot be here. What if someone sees you?”

“I'm sorry Mason,” he pulled himself through the window then jogged over to me. What I didn't expect was the hug that he gave me. He was squeezing me so tight that it was a little hard to breathe, but I wouldn't dare tell him to stop.

I pressed myself into him, breathing in his scent. He smelled just like I remembered him. I never wanted to let him go, not again.

“I've missed you so much,” he kissed my forehead then rested his chin on my head. I relaxed into him more as we swayed together to a silent room. “I never thought I'd see you again.”

“Me too,” I said into the crook of his forearms. I didn't notice that I was crying until warm liquid trailed down my face then down Noah's arm.

After a few minutes of us just holding each other, Noah pulled me back and stared at me. “You look so beautiful,” his thumb rubbed against one of my cheeks. Then he stared at me intensely, “I meant to tell you that earlier. Are you okay?”

I nodded because it was hard for me to speak.

When I was finally able to speak I croaked, “what are you doing here? How did you get up here without someone spotting you?”

“When I saw you at dinner, I just had to come back. I hated how dinner ended Mason. It was so hard for me not touching you when you were right next to me. I didn't know if you still liked me.”

I wanted to shout 'Of course I like you. I freaking love you—you idiot!' I ended up leaving him with a “Yes, I still like you Noah.”

He smiled at me then kissed my forehead again. “Good,” he bent and kissed me on my lips his time. I wanted to pull away and remind him that Myles is my mate and that just a few minutes ago, we were in here making out. I couldn't bring myself to say the words. A part of me didn't want him to know. With Noah it sometimes felt like time stopped and it was only us. Cliched I know, but I can't help how it feels.

His hands dropped down to my shoulders then down my arms. “I love you so much Mason,” he said then gave me a peck on the lips. “I'm so sorry I didn't get to bid on you.”

“It's okay,” I searched his eyes, “You're here now. I thought I would never see you again.”

“Keegan had sent his gang of assholes to kick me out of the school. I tried to get back before the auction, but when I got back in, It was already over. I almost killed him when I ran into him after you has been taken away. I tried to find out where you were, but no one would tell me. Long story short, I lost my job, Keegan got a bottle smashed against his head and Mrs. Bellows office as well as the hallway it was on had mysteriously caught fire.”

I chuckled, “you didn't.”

“I did and my dad was not happy,” he smirk. “I knew I would see you again one day Mason. We were meant to be together,” he whispered in my ear.

“Noah,” I shook my head and broke away from his embrace. “Myles and I are...”

“Mates. I know,” he rubbed the back of his neck. “Myles is my best friend. I've known him since I was in diapers, but I can't lose you. I don't want to hurt Myles, but I love you. I've loved you since the first day I met you and I'm not ready to let you go.”

“What if I told you that I might have feelings for him?” I dropped my head and took an unhealthy interest in staring at the floor. “I didn't mean for this to happen, but I can't lie and say that it hasn't.”

“Mason, have you mated with him?” Noah looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

“No,” I said with a shaky voice, “but I have considered it. I thought I was never going to see you again. Myles is a great guy just like you said.”

“I know. Look, I didn't come here to stir up things. I just had to see you. Mason, one way or another I will get you back. You better be ready for when I do. No one can take you away from me,” he gave me a peck on the cheek and left right out the window. Again, I was left to my thoughts. This was not going to end well.