Chapter 3: What?

Naomi's pov

"Are you babysitting tonight?" Will asked just as he was about to walk out of the house and go to work.

"Nope." I sort of lied. "You're the only one working today."

"Okay," he muttered, "Well, take care of yourself."

I nodded. He turned around and walked out. I waited until I knew he wasn't around and got up from the bed. I quickly walked toward the suitcases and took out some leggings and a sports bra. I kind of lied to him about not going to work. I had booked a fight today. That was my secret job, Street Fighting. It's not exactly a job but it pays a lot. I didn't tell Will about it because I knew that he wouldn't let me do it anymore. No one really knew about it.

I tied my hair up into a ponytail and picked up the bag that had all of my bandages and things like that in it. I quickly put on a baggy t-shirt over top.

I was about to walk out of the house but I stopped. I opened the bag and got a ski mask out of it. I always wore a red ski mask every time I went fighting just in case someone I knew walked into the club and saw me. I also went by a different name in the club, Austen. I quickly put the mask on and ran out of the tent.

I walked for a little and then crossed the road. I walked into this alley and I could already hear their screams and cheering. The club was this small wooden house that looked abandoned. I ran toward it and slowly opened the door. I quickly walked in and went toward this seat that was in the shade. I looked at the two guys that were wrestling. One of the guys was tall and a bit muscled while the other one was tall as well but not as muscled. I could hear most people say that the bigger one would win but the smaller one proved them wrong. The bigger one didn't have any technique, he just relied on muscle. But the smaller one had the best techniques I'd ever seen.

The smaller one won and they both got off the ring. "Next up we have the dangerous Dylan Parker," this guy introduced.

I didn't know Dylan was a street fighter, that was new. Dylan walked to the ring and everyone cheered. I wondered who was going against him. "Going against the one and only Austen!"

What? I was going against him! Oh, no!

I got off the bench and walk onto the ring.

"I thought I was fighting a real fighter," Dylan said to the manager. "What kind of pussy covers their face?"

"Don't judge a book by its cover," I said.

He looked a bit surprised for a second so I took that as my advantage. I raised my leg and tried to hit him on the side of the head but he took a hold of my leg easily. He twisted it and pushed me to the edge of the ring. The second he let go of it, he punched me hard on the back of my head making me fall to the ground. He took that to his advantage and straddled me on the ground. He was about to punch me but I beat him to it. I punched him so hard he fell back, unconscious. The crowd roared my name. I punched him hard one last time and I heard a crack. I broke his nose.

I smirked and got up.

"And Austen wins!" He shouted making the crowd roar louder. He held my hand and pulled it up with his. I quickly got down from the ring and toward the bench, I was sitting at. I felt a bit of stinging on my hand so I looked down at it and saw that I had bruised knuckles and little cuts with blood. I ignored it and got my bag throwing it over my shoulder and walked toward this guy who worked here.

"Where's my money?" I asked when I reached him. He nodded and got my money handing it over to me. I thanked him and ran out of the club. I got out my phone from my bag and checked the time. It was nine-thirty which meant that I had thirty minutes until Will came home. I started to run faster toward our tent.

MOO

I walked into the house and saw a depressed Will sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. Why was he home? It wasn't ten yet.

"Will," I called taking off my mask. His head snapped in my direction and he got up and ran toward me giving me a huge bear hug while I hugged him back.

"Naomi are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked examining my face.

"No, I'm completely fine," I said.

"Where the hell were you Naomi?" He screamed in my face making me flinch. "You had me worried sick!"

"I'm sorry," I whispered making him sigh. His gaze traveled to my hand and his eyes widened in shock.

"What happened to your hand?" He asked walking closer.

"Nothing," I said putting my hand behind my back. He took my hand and looked at it.

"Where were you?" He asked with a furious face and his eyes hardened. "Naomi, for god's sake, where were you?"

"Fighting," I muttered looking down. He looked at the clothes I was wearing and then at the bag.

"What?" He asked a bit calmer. "Why?"

"Because we need the money," I said louder and walked toward the bed and sat down. I put the bag next to me and opened it fishing out the money. I gave it to him.

"You earned this while street fighting?" he asked as he looked at the money. "This is so much."

"I didn't tell you this because I knew you would react like this," I told Will as he looked at me his face hardening again.

"I don't care how much money you earn, you're never fighting again," he demanded. I sighed and laid on the bed, turning away from him. "We'll talk about this in the morning."

"Please Will," I pleaded rolling over to look at him. "Let me do it."

"No Naomi, you could get very hurt," he said.

"So what?" I sat up on the bed. "This is as bad as it gets."

I pointed to my hand.

"No Naomi, don't argue!" He screamed at me making me flinch.

"What if I want to argue?" I yelled standing up from the bed walking toward him. "I want to keep on fighting and there is nothing you can do about it!"

His face softened as he looked at me in the eye.

"Naomi," he muttered. "I don't want you to get hurt,"

"Why?" I asked.

"You're my only family member left," he whispered. That hurt me a little. I don't want Will to be upset but I'm not quitting either.

"I-I'm so sorry," I muttered as tears blurred my vision. He smiled and hugged me while I hugged him back.

"It's okay," he whispered into my hair. "Get changed and I'll bandage your hands."

I nodded and changed into my pajamas and sat on the bed next to him. I sat on the bed next to him and gave him the bandages as he wrapped it around my hands. "Who did you fight?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Dylan Parker," I said smiling.

"And you won?" He asked while I nodded. "You know that guy's been to jail, right?"

"Sometimes you think too low of me Will."