Chapter 21

"Can we make brownies?"

"Ah yeah why not?" I laugh

We go into the kitchen and she pulls out a cook book flipping through the pages she picks out a brownie recipe. We look for the ingredients throughout the kitchen covered. As we find ingredients she begins mixing them in a big blue bowl. I come up behind her and hug her then hold her hand and mix the brownie mix with her.

"Can you get a pan please?"

I grab a pan and set it on the counter then preheat the oven. She pours the brownie mix into the pan and scoops up some mix off the side of the bowl onto her finger then turns around with a grin on her face and wipes it on my cheek and giggles.

"Oh it's on!" I exclaimed

I got some mix out of the bowl and put it all over her mouth. She smiled and kissed me so passionately I picked her up and sat her on the counter kissing her. She placed her hands on my neck and chin kissing me back slowly and soft. I pull away and look into her eyes then I pick her up and spin her around and lightly putting her on her feet into a hug. Once we pull away from the hug she kisses me once more then puts the brownies in the oven. I take a paper towel and wipe the mix off my face and hand her one even though most of it's gone. I take the bowl and spoon and wash them in the sink while Lydia puts the ingredients away. I finish with the dishes and she's gone.

" Lydia" I hollered

I received no response and got worried I run down the hall and she was in the bathroom washing her hands she went to the bathroom.

"Why are you freaking out I'm fine I had to pee." Lydia said

"I'm sorry I just don't want you to get hurt again I'm really worried." I responded

"Well don't be, I'm not gonna get hurt again."

I grab her hand and we walk into the living room and cuddle on the couch under the blanket flipping through the channels deciding what to watch. A few minutes later I get up to pull out the brownies to let them cool down. I come back to the living room and she's laying down on the couch she sits up and when I sit down she lies her head on my lap. I lightly brush my fingers up and down her arm as she lies there watching tv.