Chapter 8

Jen lived across the street and she was really pretty she looked like she could be a model. We both walked threw her front door and she walked me to the kitchen I sat down on a bar stool at the island in the middle of the kitchen. Jen walked towards the cabinet and pulled out two coffee cups. then two hot chocolate packets. She picked up a tea pot with boiling water in it poured it into the cups and mixed in the hot chocolate.

"Do you like whipped cream?" Jen asked

"Yeah, why?" I asked

Jen walked to the fridge and pulled out whipped cream and Hershey's chocolate syrup. "I put this on top it's really good."

"Ok then."

She handed me the hot chocolate and sat next to me. "So..." she began

"Where's your parents?'' I asked

"Oh my dad he's out at work he'll be back at like 2 or 3 in the morning."

"Oh where's your mom?"

Jen looked down at her cup and mumbled "she died of cancer."

"Oh my god I'm soo sorry."

"Its fine what about your parents."

"There not my parents, there my foster parents my dad died and my mom gave me up I guess she just didn't want me."

"I mean at least you have a family now."

"Yeah I don't really like them."

"Oh what's with all the commotion, you just moved here right and there's already a fight or argument."

"Uhh yeah my girlfriend hit her head and she's in a coma."

"Is that why your eyes black and blue and you have a scab on your lip?"

"Sort of she tried to comfort me and got pushed by someone and they hit her head really hard."

"Your more than welcome to stay here for the night if you want I mean it looks like the last thing you wanna do is go back home."

"I don't know."

"Ok well do you know what school your going to and what grade?"

"I think it's bladwood high and I'm in 12th grade."

"Thats where I go you might have classes with me!"

My phone vibrated and I grabbed it right away it was just a text from Ashley it read ''Where did you go?''

I responded ''Across the street at Jennifer's house.''

"Are you coming home so I know to lock the door or not?"

"I'm staying here."

"Okay be safe and good."

"Who's that?" asked Jen

"Ashley foster mom." I responded

"Do you have to go home?"

"I'm going to stay the night I kinda destroyed my room so I can't sleep in there, oops."