I don't get why she changed though

I don't get why she changed though. She was already wearing a dress.
Peridot: Lazuli why did you change when you were already wearing a dress?
Lapis: Because It feels nice to where something other than the blue dress for a little bit.
Lapis then joined us on our way to the dance. I hope their are no more interruptions. I really want to go to this party.
Steven: You know we have everyone here expect for Garnet.
Peridot: Where is Garnet?
Pearl: She's on a solo mission right now so she won't be able to come.
Garnet: Who says I'm not gonna be able to come.
We all turned around and saw Garnet standing there. She wasn't wearing a dress though. But I get it dresses aren't really Garnets style.

Lapis: How did you know we would be here?Garnet: Future Vision   Well that makes sense

Garnet: Future Vision
Well that makes sense. You know I though I was just suppose to be going with Steven and Amethyst. I guess everybody just wants to come to the dance. We all walked to the dance together. As we got closer I got more nervous. What if I mess something up. Ugh why am I even this nervous. Like amethyst said everything will be fine.
Steven: Hey peridot are you okay?
I looked over at Steven who gave me a worried expression.
Peridot: Y-yea I'm fine.
Steven took my hand in his and interlocked our fingers. A blush spread across my face as I looked down at our hands. I looked away and tried to not think about his warm hand holding mine but it was impossible. It was so distracting that I didn't even notice we had already gotten to the dance. Everyone was wearing nice clothes talking, dancing, and just enjoying themselves. There were beautiful lights hung all over to the place.
Pearl: We're here.
Peridot: What now?
Amethyst: Have fun!!
Amethyst went into the crowd jumping up and down and already dancing. With pearl following behind.
Pearl: Amethyst, don't drag too much attention to yourself!
Lapis and garnet went on talking.
Steven: Come on Peridot!
Steven dragged me over into the crowd and started dancing. I grew nervous as I didn't know what to do.
Peridot: I don't know how to dance.
Right after I said that a slower song came on.
Steven: Don't worry. I'll show you.
Steven came up to me and put one of his hands on my waist while the other held my hand. I rested my free hand on his shoulder. We slowly moved back and forth moving in rhythm with the music. Steven looked at me in the eyes and we both blushed.
Steven: Peridot, I've been wanting to tell you something.
Peridot: Go ahead Steven.
Steven: Well I just wanted to say that ever since you came here on earth you really changed my life.
Peridot: In a good way or a bad way?
Steven: In a good way. Your funny, intelligent, and beautiful. You just seem to make my life so much better and I love hanging out with you. Your so much more than just some Era 2 peridot.
My face flushed and I smiled.
Peridot: Wow, thanks.
All of a sudden Steven twirled me around making me squeak in surprise. I laughed as we twirled around some more and moved all around the dance floor. Steven even picked me up and spun around before bringing me back down to the ground. He grabbed my waist and dipped me. Our faces were only inches apart as we stared at each other. Our gems starting to glow until I heard a cold voice behind me.
Connie: Um....hello Steven.
My eyes widened. I remember that cold voice from somewhere. Steven pulled me back up and turned to face Connie. Dammit! We were just having a moment here!
Steven: What are you doing here Connie?
Steven sounded a little mad. Is he still friends with her after what she did to me.
Connie: Well this is the beach city dance. Everyone's here. Also I wanted to see you. It's been a while.
Steven: Alright but I'm kind of in the middle of something.
Connie: Oh really and what's that.
Steven: That's not really any of your business.......it's nice seeing you again but I have to go.
Steven took my hand and lead us away from Connie and over to Amethyst.
Amethyst: What's wrong dude?
Steven: Nothing. I'm fine.
Steven sighed and turned around to face me.
Steven: Do you want me to go get you a drink?
Peridot: Um...sure
Steven walked over to a little table filled with food.
Amethyst: So hows it going between you two.
Peridot: Its going wonderfully. Me and Steven danced and it was the most amazing feeling. Did you see it
Amethyst: Yup. You're a good dancer.
Peridot: Yes but only because I was with Steven. But then Connie came and I interrupted us.
Amethyst: Don't let Connie ruin you from having a good time.
Peridot: I'll try.
Stevens POV
I went over and grabbed a cup filling it with fruit punch for Peridot.
Connie then walked over and stood next to me.
Steven: What, Connie?
Connie: Look Steven in so sorry for what I did just please forgive me already!
Steven: Connie I don't know. What you did wasn't right. Plus I don't think I should forgive you until Peridot does.
Connie: You know Steven everything between us was fine until you started hanging out with Peridot. I don't even get why you hang out with her. She tried to destroy the earth! Do you really want me to end up having no friends again?
Steven: I-.... I hang out with her because she's my best friend and I really care about her. It doesn't matter what she did in the past because she's good now. She saved the earth and made up for all the bad things she did. She cares about me, the Crystal gems, and the earth, and whatever else she did in the past is over now.
Connie: But Steven-
Steven: Connie look, I promise I'll talk to you about this another time just please don't bother me tonight.
I took the drink and walked away not even daring to look behind me. I walked over to where Amethyst and Peridot were talking and handed her the drink.
Peridot: Wow, thanks.
Steven: No prob.
Peridots POV
I took a sip of the drink that tasted...sweet.
Amethyst: So, I'm going to go see what Pearls doing. See u later.
Amethyst walked away leaving me and Steven alone.
Steven: So......are you enjoying the party?
Peridot: Yea. It seems as though there's lot of ways to have fun here on earth. We don't really have stuff like this on Homeworld.
Steven: Really? There's not a single fun thing to do?
Peridot: Nope. Just work. You're not even allowed to make friends.
Steven : That's horrible.....If you want I could take you to more fun things to do like the arcade or the movies.
Peridot: What's an arcade?
Steven: It's just a place where you play a bunch of different video games.
Peridot: Sounds cool!
Steven smiled warmly at me but then his smile faded and he looked down at the ground in thought.
Peridot: Is something wrong Steven?
Steven: It's Connie.
I frowned at him mentioning her name.
Steven: I don't know what to do about her. We were such good friends but now........ I told her that I wasn't going to forgive her until you forgave her.
Peridot: Do you miss being her friend.
He nodded. I couldn't help but to frown. I looked away and tapped on my cup. His friendship is ruined because of me. I don't want him to be near Connie but he misses her and it would be selfish of me to not let him be near her. I sighed before I looked back at him.
Peridot: Steven if you feel that you want to be friends with her then just do it. Don't let me get in the way of your friendship.
Steven: But what about how you feel?
Peridot: It doesn't matter how I feel. It's your friendship.
Steven: Peridot if you really don't want me to be friends with her then I won't.
Peridot: If it makes you happy then I want you guys to be friends.
Steven smiled at me before he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.
Steven: Your a good friend Peridot.
He pulled back and we just stood there awkwardly. His eyes then widened and a small smile appeared on his face.
Steven: I know this place where you can get a good view of beach city. It's beautiful.
Peridot: Really?
Steven: Yea and no one will be able to bother us there.
Peridot: But don't you want to forgive Connie?
Steven: That can wait. Just follow me.
I set my drink down as Steven took my hand and led me to this place he was talking about. We ended up walking up a hill and you could still hear the faint music coming from the dance. When we got there stars formed in my eyes as I took in the view. You could see all of beach city and it looked so cool with the lights from the dance and the faint music playing. You could see the moon shining brightly along with the thousands of star surrounding it. It was beautiful.
Peridot: Steven this place is wonderful!
Steven sat down on the edge of the hill and patted down the spot next to him. I sat next to him and enjoyed the view.
Stevens POV
In glad that Peridot likes it here. This is where my mom grows her moss. It had a great view and I know Peridot would like it. Plus no one could bother us here. I looked over at Peridot and could't help but stare. Her gem reflected the moon making a beautiful aura around her. I felt my hand reach for hers and she glanced at me. I blushed and looked away letting my hand rest on top of hers. I tried looking at the stars but I couldn't. I looked back over at Peridot and started staring at her again admiring her features. I bet Peridot would think I'm a creep for how much I'm staring at her right now but I can't help it. She's just so beautiful. Why do I feel this way? I always thought I liked Connie but now that Peridots here, I just don't know. Peridot is smart, beautiful, kind, and I'm not sure how I feel about her. But if I do love her does she even feel the same? Ugh why does this always have to be so complicated!
Peridot: Steven are you okay.
Steven: Yea I'm fine.
I got the sudden urge to do something. But if I do it might change everything. But I can't help it. I placed a hand on Peridots cheek I moved her face towards mine. I leaned in getting closer to her face.
Peridot: S-Steven?
I closed my eyes and got closer. My lips brushed against hers until......
Amethyst: Whoah, Whoah dudes, I'm so sorry to ruin your little moment there. Pearl just got worried and asked me to go look for you guys.
I pushed myself off of her and looked at Amethyst in surprise. Come on!
Amethyst: I'm just gonna...leave.
I sighed and stood up wiping the dust off my tux. I looked over at Peridot who looked disappointed that Amethyst came and ruined our moment. I held out my hand and helped her stand up.
Steven: We should probably get back to the others.
Peridot: Yea.
We walked down the hill together.
Peridot: I thought you said that no one will be able to bother us there.
Steven: I thought so but I guess I was wrong . Sorry.
Peridot: It's okay.
Peridot POV
Steven was about to kiss me but then Amethyst came and ruined it. But why would Steven try to kiss me? There was no mistletoe under us or anything. Maybe it was just the moment. We made it back to the dance and Pearl looked angry. Ugh she's probably gonna yell at us.
Pearl: Where were you two?! I was worried sick.
Steven: It's okay Pearl. We were just up on the hill enjoying the view.
Amethyst: Probably doing more than just enjoying the view.
Amethyst mumbled under her breath. I just glared at her a little to get her to shut up. I just wanted to go home now. The pearl won't stop yelling, Connie's here, and I'm just plain tired.
Peridot: Steven I kind of want to go home now.
Steven: Ok we were just going home now.
We grabbed the rest of the group and headed back home. When me and lapis got to the barn we said goodbye and let the rest go back to the temple.
Lapis: Whew. That was a crazy night!
Peridot: Yea it was.
Lapis: Its time to get this dress off.
Lapis ripped her dress off revealing her blue dress underneath and flopped down on a pile of hay. I just carefully took off my dress and hung it over the couch and sat down. What a long day!