Chapter 7

(Peridots POV)
Peridot: Alright guess it's my turn.
I went and grabbed the last present under the tree which is mine. It a a thin rectangular box wrapped in green wrapping paper with aliens and a red bow tie around it. I ripped open the present and gasped at the new tablet that I was now holding in my hands.
Peridot: Wow! It's amazing. Who got me this?
Everyone just shrugged their shoulders expect for Steven. He looked away trying to avoid eye contact with me with small smile in his face.
Peridot: Steven......did you get this for me?
Steven....Yes.
Peridot: Wow, thanks.
I jumped up and gave him a big hug. I'm so happy that I have a new tablet.
Steven: No problem Peridot.
Pearl: Well I have a few pies in the oven for you guys to eat.
Amethyst: PIE! YES!!
Amethyst ran over to the oven and ripped it open, snatching out a pie. She then sticked the whole thing in her mouth.
Pearl: Amethyst! Save some for Steven!
Pearl got up and took another pie out of the oven.
Pearl: Your lucky I made a second one.
Pearl set the pie down on the table and Steven ran up to get a slice.
Steven: Peridot you want some?
Peridot: No thanks.
Everyone had enjoyed themselves. Amethyst and Steven had pie. Pearl was talking to Garnet and I was going on my tablet while talking to Amethyst and Steven.
Steven: Where's Lapis. It doesn't feel complete without her.
Just after Steven said that the front door opened and Lapis stepped in.
Steven: Hey lapis!
Lapis: Hey Steven. I decided to come and join the fun.
With Lazuli here everything was going great. We all had fun together for about an hour then I started talking to Steven while Pearl showed Lapis how to cook and Amethyst was talking to Garnet.
Steven: So do you like your tablet?
Peridot: I love it! Thank you so much for getting it for me.
Steven: No problem. I'm glad you're here with me on Christmas.
Peridot: Me too Steven.
I blushed as Steven stared at me.
Amethyst: *Gasp* STEVEN!! Look!
Amethyst pointed to something that was above us. We both looked up to see some kind of plant. Why is amethyst getting so excited over a plant?
Peridot: It's a plant. What's the big deal?
I looked over at Steven. His face was as red as his shirt. Why is everyone acting so weird?
Amethyst: Everyone look!
Soon everyone was surrounding us looking at the plant above us.
Garnet was looking at it emotionless, Pearl's face looked like someone stuck a knife through her, Amethyst was jumping up and down while squealing and Lapis was looking at us with a grin on her face and her arms crossed.
Steven: Ha, Ha ha I'm just....gonna go...over here.
Steven tried to walk away but Amethyst just pulled him back in the spot in front of me.
Amethyst: You know the rules Steven. When two people are under the mistletoe they have to kiss. Kiss now!
Peridot: W-we have to what!?
We have to kiss like on the show Camp Pining Hearts? Me and Steven have to do that. Who created such a plant that you have to kiss under it! A blush appeared on my face as well as Stevens.
Steven: I can't go back on tradition Peridot. Let's just do it so that they'll leave us alone.
My face got even darker. I guess I have to do this. I took a deep breathe as Steven put his hand on my cheek and started to get closer to my face. I rested my hands on his shoulders and closed my eyes. Our lips touched and I could hear Amethyst yelling in excitement in the background. I wrapped my arms around Stevens neck to deepen the kiss. I've never felt anything like this This feels......amazing! I've never felt anything like this. These earth rituals are cool. We continued to kiss for about 10 more seconds until we broke apart. We let go of each other and blushed.
Amethyst: So how was your makeout session?
Steven: We didn't make out!
Lapis: Sure seemed like it.
Amethyst and lapis started laughing about falling to the ground.
Pearl: Alright. It's getting late. How about we all say our goodbyes to Steven so he can go to sleep.
Amethyst: Aww but I wanted to eat another pie!
Pearl: You ate all of the pie.
Lapis: Whatever. It was nice seeing you guys.
Lapis started walking out the door. I decided to walk out with lapis. When we got outside lapis extended out her wings and gestured for me to get on her back. I was about to go onto lapis's back until I heard someone calling my name.
Steven: Wait peridot!
I turned around to see Steven running over to me.
Peridot: Yea Steven.
Steven: Do you maybe.....wanna come over tomorrow night.
Peridot: Um yea sure. It's not like I got anything else to do.
Steven: Great. Just meet me at the temple.
I saw Steven blushing as he stared at me before he planted a quick kiss on my cheek.
Steven: See you tomorrow.
He quickly ran back inside the temple leaving me to stand there in a daze.
Lapis: You guys are such a cute couple.
I looked behind me in surprise. I forgot lapis was behind me.
Peridot: W-whatever. I just wanna get back to the barn.
I climbed on Lapis's back and we flew into the air.
Lapis: I think you should tell him how you feel.
Peridot: I'm too afraid. What if he rejects my feelings.
Lapis: I don't think he'll reject you. Plus you'll feel better if you just tell him.
Peridot: Maybe, I'll think about it.
Lapis: Alright. If you want I could try to help you.
Peridot: Really you'll do that?
Lapis: Yup. Plus I really want to see you guys get together.
I can not wait to see Steven tomorrow.