Chapter 8

Peridot: Hello Steven.
I said as I walked inside the temple. It looks like he was talking to Amethyst about something important.
Steven: Hey peridot.
Amethyst: I hope your ready peridot because the shorty squad is going out tonight.
Peridot: We are?
Steven: Yup. We're going to this dance in beach city. Everyones going there.
Amethyst: Oh! Peridot come here I have something for you to wear at the party.
Amethyst ran inside of her room to go find what she wanted me to wear. I'm a little nervous to go to this dance. I don't know how to dance! What if I mess up in front of Steven? That'll be so embarrassing.
Amethyst: Peridot come here.
Amethyst motioned for me to follow her to the bathroom as she held something behind her back. I hesitantly followed Amethyst into the bathroom. Why can't she just show me where I was? She must not want Steven to see it. She revealed what was behind her back and it was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It was a white dress with a ribbon tied around my waist. The bottom half of the dress had aliens on it and it had nice puffed sleeves. My favorite part are the aliens.
Peridot: Amethyst how did you find this?
Amethyst: Um......no need for questions. I got this dress because everyone's going to be dressed up for the party and maybe this dress will grabs Stevens attention.
I blushed at the last sentence. It's just a dress. A dress isn't going to grab Stevens attention. I took the dress and Amethyst left the room so I could change. I swiftly put the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. I had never wore a dress before but it looks very pretty.

I walked out the bathroom and saw Steven talking to Amethyst

I walked out the bathroom and saw Steven talking to Amethyst. A blush spread across my face when I saw he was wearing a tuxedo. He looked so cute. I don't think I've ever seen him wear a tux before. Steven looked nervous for some reason. Steven turned around and looked at me and his face instantly flushed. His face was as red as a tomato and he just stood there...... staring at me. I guess Amethyst was right, a dress could grab Stevens attention. I walked closer to him and waved a hand in front of his face.
Peridot: Steven, are you okay?
Steven stared at me for a few seconds before shaking his head violently to break away his gaze from me.
Steven: I-I'm fine just admiring how b-beautiful you look.
I smiled and walked over to Amethyst with Stevens eyes following me.
Amethyst: Haha! See I told it would grab his attention. This is gonna be great.
Peridot: I hope so. What if I embarrass myself in front of him. I can't dance.
Amethyst: I'm sure you'll be fine. just have fun and be yourself.
Peridot: Okay.
We were about to leave until someone stopped us.
Pearl: Where are you guys going! Why are you all dressed up!
Amethyst. Calm down P. We're just going to the dance in beach city.
Pearl: A dance! Why didn't you guys tell me. I can dance.
Amethyst : Because you tend to nag a lot. But if you want to come no ones stopping you.
Pearl: I don't nag.
Pearl hurried into her room and came back with a strapped kind of a peach color dress. I like how this clothing on earth has so many different styles. On home world Everyone wears the same thing. Maybe I'll try wearing earth clothes more often. We had started to walk towards the dance. Steven was walking next to me and I could see him taking glances at me from the corner of my eye. I hope everything goes well. As we got closer, you could here the music in a far distance. All of a sudden Lapis flew down in front of us.
Lapis: Hey guys. Where are you all going dressed up so nice?
Steven: Were going to a dance in beach city.
Lapis: Oh so that's what that's about down there. Can I join?
Steven: Sure.
Lapis flew up into the barn and in an instant was back wearing a beautiful black dress.