Chapter 2

I stood in a straight line with many other Peridots that look just like me only they have their limb enhancers and I have.....nothing. I don't even have my visor.
Yellow pearl: The defect Peridot Faucet-2F5L Cut-5XG. Yellow diamond is expecting you.
I nervously walk over to Yellow diamonds room. She'll probably shatter me into a million pieces after what I said to her. I'm probably the first gem to ever disrespect a diamond like that. I walk into a giant room filled with soilders, a pearl, some random gems, Yellow diamond, and Steven. What is Steven doing here. His arms and legs were chained up in front of Yellow diamond. What was happening? Why was he chained up? He never did anything wrong. I started running over to Steven but a Guard stopped me.
Peridot: Let me go you clod!
The guard held me down as Yellow diamond began speaking.
Yellow Diamond: Rose quartz, you are charged with high offense to the diamond order. You murdered pink diamond, rebelled against Homeworld, and killed my former yellow pearl. For this you will be shattered.
Peridot: NO! STEVEN! PLEASE DON'T.
Yellow Diamond: Shut up you puny peridot. You're next. I'm sick of looking at this quartz already. Pull the trigger
Guard: Yes my diamond.
A giant and sharp looking machine was placed in front of Stevens gem. My heart broke as I watched Steven cry and I struggled to free myself out of the guards grip. But it was no use. They pulled back the trigger and in an instant Stevens gem was cracked and he disappeared with a poof. His shattered gem was scattered all over the floor.
Peridot: STEVEN!!
This can't be real. It just can't. I was with Steven at the barn not to long ago. This is impossible.
Yellow Diamond: Finally. Now as for you Peridot.
The guard dragged me over in front of Yellow diamond.
Yellow Diamond: You are charged with offense against me your diamond, You rebelled against Homeworld, and have disrespected the diamond order. You are a disgrace to all gems. For this you shall be shattered.
I whimpered and tears fell from my eyes. Instead of them killing me with the machine Yellow diamond got up and decided to kill me herself. All of a sudden she just seemed to be gigantic. She looked like she was as tall as 1000 Jasper's combined. She lifted up her foot to stomp me. I covered my head and cried and screamed as her foot slowly lowered down. Her foot was only inches away from me until......

Peridot: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I opened my eyes and screamed at the top of my lungs. I took a deep breathe as sweat dripped down my head. I took in my surroundings and tried to calm myself down. I was back in the barn but how? I was just about to be shattered by Yellow diamond. I sat up and ruffled my hair.
Peridot: What happened?
Steven: Hey are you okay?
I looked in front of me to find Steven staring at me. I screamed again. How did he get there. Was he watching me sleep?
Steven: You gonna be okay?
Peridot: Yeah I'm fine I guess I just had some sort of vision.
Steven: Peridot, that was a nightmare and you're not fine...... I saw it.
I looked up at Stevens worried face. My gem must have been projecting the 'nightmare' I had. I can't believe that happened though. It just felt so real I actually thought me and Steven were both gonna be dead. Stevens death and how Yellow diamond called my puny Peridot replayed in my head over and again. I couldn't even save him. Tears started to well up in my eyes and I silently wrapped my arms around myself and started shaking. I then burst into tears and hugged Steven. I cried into Stevens chest for what seemed like hours until I finally calmed down.
Peridot: I'm never going to sleep again.
Steven chuckled. There was an awkward silence after that. It was just me with my head on Stevens chest and my arms wrapped around him while Stevens hands laid on my waist.
Steven: Are you gonna be okay?
Peridot: Yea I think so.
Steven: Okay.
Peridot: I'm sorry I woke you up.
Steven: No prob bob.
What, bob? Whatever. I silently watched as Steven got up, grabbed his bag and went up the ladder to get changed. That dream was so scary. Would Yellow diamond ever really be that cruel as to do something like that. He's not even Rose quartz. But what hurt the most is that I wasn't even able to help. Not even a little. I need to get stronger. I'm a Crystal gem and I'm so useless. Sure I have metal powers but I'm still new to it and it doesn't always work the way I want it to. I need a gem weapon. Maybe then I'll at least be a little stronger. Who could teach me? Steven? No im still working out my feelings with him plus he doesn't have a lot of experience yet. I would ask Garnet but she scares me and Amethyst would not be a good teacher at all. Maybe pearl. She seems good with her weapon and she's the best teacher out of the Crystal gems. Yes I'll ask pearl to teach me.
Steven: Peridot I'm done changing. Do you want to come to the Big Donut with me and Connie?
Peridot: Connie. Who is the Connie.
Steven: She one of my best friends. I'm sure you too will get along great.
Connie? I don't think I'm going to like this Connie very much. I don't know what it is but she just doesn't sound right. But if Steven wants me to get along with her I guess I can try.
Me and and Steven headed to the big donut until we reached a girl holding a book. She was like Stevens height only a bit taller. She had long black hair and darker skin. That must be the Connie Steven was talking about.
Connie: Hey Steven. Who's this you got with you?
Steven: Connie This is Peridot. Peridot this is Connie.
Connie frowned a little at first but then plastered a fake smile on and waved. I looked her up and down and grunted. She was wearing red shoes with gray shorts and a white blouse. Her appearance is not very pleasing. I crossed my arms and glared at her slightly. I don't like this Connie. Steven elbowed me lightly.
Steven: Peridot. Say hi.
I rolled my eyes and waved.
Peridot: Hi.
Steven face palmed as he sighed.
Steven: I'm sorry about Peridot. She isn't always so friendly.
I looked off to the side to avoid there stares.
Steven: But she's great once you get to know her.
There was an awkward silence between us as Connie and I glared at each other.
Steven: Hey! How about we play hide and seek.
Peridots: What's hide and seek?
Steven: It's a game where the seeker counts to 30 while the hiders go find a place to hide. When the seeker is done counting they go and try and find all the hiders. I'll be the seeker so you guys go and find a place to hide together.
Me and Connie both ran to find a place to hide while Steven started counting. I didn't really know what I was doing so I just followed Connie.
Connie: Why are you following me? Go find your own place to hide.
Peridot: But I thought Steven told us to find a place to hide together.
Connie: I don't care what Steven said. I'd rather not share my hiding place with you.
Peridot: What's that suppose to me!
She was about to say something until she grunted and turned away from me.
Connie: Forget about it.
What is up this human. She seems a little rude. I didn't do anything wrong right? Well I guess I was a little rude before but that in the past. She doesn't have to be mean to me. I didn't know someone as nice as Steven could hang out with someone as mean as her. I'm gonna make sure to watch out for this Connie. I crossed my arms and waited for Steven to find us. You know this game isn't very fun anymore. If only Connie wasn't here. We waited for what seemed like hours until Steven finally found us.
Steven: Hey! I found you.
Me and Connie didn't say anything as we stood up keeping a large distance between us.
Steven: Who wants to be it this time.
I don't really want to play this game anymore. Connie just makes it less fun.
Connie: Actually Steven. I have to go. I just remembered that I have violin practice
Steven: Oh well okay. See you later Connie.
Connie: Bye
Oh thank the stars she's gone. I didn't think I could stand another minute with her.
Steven: Well I guess it's just you and me now Peridot.
Peridot: I'm sorry Steven but I have to go do something.
Steven: Awwww! So your just gonna leave me.
Peridot: Dont worry Steven. I'll be back. I'm sure you'll find something to do in the meantime. Goodbye.
Steven: Bye.
I felt bad for leaving him by himself but I have to go and train with pearl. Connie had left this scared feeling in my stomach and I felt like I should learn to protect myself in case something bad happens espiacally if I'm gonna start going on dangerous mission. Plus I need to make sure I can protect Steven. I don't know what i'd do if he ever got hurt. I ran as fast as I could all the way to the temple. When I got there opened the door to find Pearl talking to Garnet.
Peridot: Pearl I would like to ask you something?
Pearl: What is it Peridot?
Peridot: I would like you to train me so I can find my gem weapon.
Pearl just stared at me for a few seconds until a smile appeared on her face.
Pearl: Of course Peridot. When would you like you start?
Peridot: Now.
Pearl: Oh okay. Follow me then.
Pearl led me over to the warp pad and we warped off to where I would begin my training.