My Sick Husband (A Harry Styles One-Shot)

Usual days in the life of Harry Styles' family were almost always filled with excitement and adventure. Lately, as the famous band One Direction was not out touring the world, he would be recording in town and I would be home with our 8 month old daughter, Ella. Today seemed pretty normal. The boys would be coming by the house soon to pick Harry up, as they decided to all get food together before heading to the studio. I usually ended up waking up with Harry as I wasn't a very heavy sleeper anymore; I guess that's what being a mom can do to you! It is always worth it. This morning, Harry's alarm sounded and of course he didn't budge. However, today seemed different. I put my hands on Harry's smooth back trying to wake him up. I tried waking him up while being as gentle as possible; running my hands through his soft hair and rubbing his back, which as of right now had no tattoos! After a couple minutes, I heard rustling and got a very sleepy groan.

"Come on, babe. It's time to wake up."

"Ugghhh. I'm so sleepy." He whispered in his full British accent, which I loved.

"The boys will be here soon, you gotta get up, hun!"

Harry slowly rose from the warm bed, out of my reach. I watched his every move. His hair was every which way. His muscles seemed extra defined and visible as he was only wearing a pair of boxer-briefs. This was a rare occasion; usually he wore nothing! Crazy boy. He made his way into the bathroom to get ready. I decided to get out of bed and check on Ella while Harry got dressed and ready to record. I walked into her pale pink bedroom; she had all white furniture, professional pictures on her walls - my favorite being one of her and Harry a couple weeks after she was born, and "Ella" in wooden letters hanging up above her crib. She was still fast asleep, always been a pretty good sleeper. When I walked back to our bedroom, Harry was finishing up, about to walk downstairs, dressed in his usual basic t-shirt and dark skinny jeans with boots. His classic look, but man, he could pull it off. Today, Harry looked the most tired I had seen him in a long time. I could tell by his eyes. He gave me a sleepy smile as I looked at him with concern.

"You okay, sweetie?" I asked quietly.

Harry simply nodded while nuzzling his head into my neck as he hugged me. He always smelled so heavenly. His big hands adding to the embrace. We made our way downstairs just as the door flew open by 4 boys, obviously not as exhausted as Harry.

"Hello, Sarah!" Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Niall yelled.

"Boys! Quiet! Ella is still asleep!"

Ashamedly, they all mumbled a "sorry".

Once they caught eye on Harry, the began to question whether he was feeling okay. And Harry being Harry, said he was just fine and was ready to go. We all exchanged worried looks and I simply shrugged my shoulders at the boys; hopefully them understanding that I really didn't know what was going on with my husband. Harry gave me a kiss, reminding me he loved me and to tell "Boo" he would miss her too (a nickname Louis gave Ella when she was born.)

While the boys were at the studio, I got texts every now and then from Harry saying how he missed us and couldn't wait to be home. It was sweet; but, at the same time, made me worry about him even more. I also got some texts from Liam mostly telling me Harry seemed a little more off as the day went on, but he wasn't complaining. Harry seemed to never complain.

After I made Ella and myself dinner, I put in a movie and started playing with her for a while, waiting for Harry to return. Eventually I heard the door open. Ella looked up at me with concern, probably startled by the sound. I scooped her up and walked to our open entryway, worried as to how my husband will feel after such a long day - would he be okay? Is he just physically exhausted? I hope he isn't sick.