Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Cold Water

Before you go all judgey on me, no I didn't have sex with Harry. An old drunk man walked in on us, interrupting our heated make-out session. I'll admit I would probably gone through with it, but I was kind of glad that the old guy interrupted us.

I wasn't as happy when he threw up all over the floor though.

I'm not normally the kind of girl who gets off with someone she just met in a club. What makes it even worse is that I couldn't even blame it on alcohol since I didn't drink anything. I had nothing to say in my defence. I just really wanted him. I was intoxicated of him. It was a heat of the moment kind of thing.

Still the heated make-out session had made my legs wobbly and my body was covered in a thin layer of sweat. Still panting, I tried to walk straight next to Harry as we made our way back out to the main area of the club. He seemed pretty content, although a bit disappointed and unsatisfied, as he kept a strong arm around my waist helping me to stand up straight.

We sat down at the bar this time and I dragged my fingers through my messy hair trying to sort out some of the tangles, my scalp was slightly damp from sweat. A glass of clear liquid was placed in front of me, and I looked at it suspiciously.

"Water." Harry said and I nodded, taking the glass and sipping it. I don't think that cold water has ever tasted as good before. I quickly gulped down half the glass.

"I'm not unemployed, by the way." He said out of the blue as I swallowed my water quickly, making me lightly choke on it. Coughing, I finally managed to catch my breath. "W-what?" I croax. A smile tugged at his lips, but there's something in his eyes.

"The whole work thing. I do have one you know." I looked at him, smiling slightly. "Oh, really now." He nodded and I laughed.

"Well do you like it? What you do, I mean?"

"Yes, I do. It's very exciting, the adrenaline rush is incredible as well as all the support, and I've never had a problem with traveling so it's all good."

I knew I said that I didn't need to know, and I still didn't need to I was just really curious now. Adrenaline rush? Traveling? What did he do?

Whatever it was he seemed passionate about it. When he talked about it a permanent smile was glued onto his lips and a sparkle had lit in his emerald eyes. It was so pleasing to look at him when he looked this happy and passionate about something.

I studied his face and found myself smiling along with him when he talked. His voice still husky, even with the excitement, making a shiver run down my spine. It was so soothing to listen to at the same time it intrigued me and made me want to just spend the rest of the night listening to him talking.

I knew I promised myself to take the night off job-related stuff but I wanted to know what he did. I wanted to know that would light that sparkle in his mesmerizing eyes, but most of all I wanted him to keep talking about it with all that passion and happiness.

So I finally asked him.

"Okay, fine you've got my attention." I said, giving in. I felt his eyes on me, studying me with a slight smirk on his lips. I felt like he was challenging me to finally ask him the question he said he expected me to ask a long time ago. "What do you do for a living, Harry?"

He met my brown eyes looking at me for a few seconds before answering.

"I'm a singer." He said and I noticed how he studied my reaction closely. I just looked at him for a bit while the pieces fell into place. I finally realised the obvious. That's why he got so many strange looks, and so many girls became all giggly around him! He's a public person.