Chapter 42

Matt's POV

I looked in the mirror and frowned. I could hear Johnny chuckling in the change room next door and Zack muttering under his breath near by. I had to admit, the suits were a little much and fuck, they were going be hot.

"Seriously." I said stepping out and looking at Brian, ignoring Johnny who was looking at me and laughing. "This colour is a little off."

"It's the colour the girls are wearing." Brian snapped. "And these are the suits Dani wanted."

"You are under the thumb." I mumbled, looking back at the mirror.

The colour of the ties were like a jade green and as I looked at it I realised how gorgeous Kat would look in this colour. I had to wonder what the bridesmaid dresses looked like, but I had no doubt Kat was going to look fantastic.

"These shows are a pain in the ass." Brian mumbled, grabbing at his neck and tie. "It's literally fucked up all the timing and Dani is having a fit."

"It's three shows." I muttered, glaring at him.

It was hardly the end of the world. We'd decided to let Arin go and as sort of a farewell we decided to play three more shows. Unfortunately they were scheduled two weeks before Biran and Dani's wedding.

"Yeah I know." Brian said. "She just stressed."

"Well a few day's away will be good for her." I said smiling at him.

"Oh no." Brian said turning and looking at me. "She's not going, there are a few things she still needs to sort out and she's working."

"Damn." I mumbled, loosening my tie. "Kat will bummed she's not going."

Brian frowned at me. "Is Kat going now?"

What did he mean by now? "Well yeah of course she's going."

"I didn't think she was." He told me. "I heard Dani and her talking, Kat's going to help her and I was pretty sure she mentioned work too." 

Now it was my turn to frown. Kat and fucking work. I wanted her to give up work, she didn't need to work, but Kat being as stubborn as she was wouldn't. And as for the shows, well I kind of assumed she was coming and now I was a bit pissed to find out off my friend that she wasn't coming. I'd talk to her tonight, see if I could change her mind.

"Can we get changed already?" Zack snapped, glaring at us.

"Yeah get changed." Brian said going into his change room.

I went back into the room, pulling off the suit and getting back into my shirt and jeans.

"Let's go get a beer." Johnny announced as I walked out to find the other three standing, waiting for me.

"Can't." Brian said, going over and talking to the guy in the suit shop.

"Matt." Johnny said looking at me. "You coming?"

I shook my head. "Nah we can't." I told him. "Brian and I are meeting the girls for lunch."

Johnny and Zack both laughed.

"What's so funny?" Brian asked joining us as we headed out the door.

"You two." Zack snorted. "You're pussy whipped."

"Pfft." I snapped back. "Not fucking likely, but Brian is."

"Whatever." Brian mumbled walking off.

"See you two dorks later." I called to Zack and Johnny, following Brian.

We went to his car and climbed in, heading towards the restaurant we organised to meet the girls at.