Chapter 60

Matt's POV

I zipped up my bag and took a deep breath, dragging it to the front door. I was a mess. Today we were heading down to Mexico. I still had no idea where Kat was and I had no idea if she was even coming to Mexico. Dani told me her and Dez were both coming, but I wasn't sure. I hoped to god it was true because I was going to get my wife back, even it killed me.

I had a plan, a plan that Dani was helping with me and I hoped to god it worked. But to be honest, it would only work if Kat spoke to me, listened to me, if she completely ignored my existence I was going to fall flat on my face. The embarrassment of failure didn't bother me, it was the fact that I might not get Kat back that bothered me more.

I placed my bag by the door, then went around the house, checking everything was locked up. I only stayed here last night, I'd been staying at Zack's. I hated this house now, without Kat here it just felt so empty and wrong and being here made me feel like shit. I'd had no sleep last night, the bed was bare and I spent most of the night staring at Kat's side of the bed, wondering where she was and if she was sharing a bed with that gay looking dude.

I was staring out the back door when a knock at the door interrupted me. I knew who it was, I'd been expecting it, so I headed to the door, opening it and revealing a very fresh looking Dani standing there, smiling widely.

"Ready?" She asked me.

I nodded, grabbing my bag. "I guess." I muttered, closing and locking the door behind me.

Dani started walking down the path, and I couldn't help myself, I had to know.

"Dani." I said softly. "Is she coming?"

She turned, smiling at me. "She sure is."

I took a deep breath, relief filling me. "Alone?" I asked tentatively, anxiety filling my chest.

She shrugged. "Well with Dez." She added.

I nodded, of course with Dez. I didn't care about Dez, as long as her new boyfriend wasn't coming.

"You know." Dani said softly, smiling at me. "I'm kind of proud of you."

I frowned. "Why?" Why the fuck was she proud, my wife had left me.

"Because." She said. "You got a wake up call, and finally you paid attention."

I nodded, she was right, I did get a wake up call and I did pay attention, I only hoped I didn't pay attention too late. "Yeah." I mumbled, trying not to let my fears show.

"And what you're doing in Mexico Matt." She murmured. "It shows how much you really do care."

I sighed. "Of course I care Dani." I told her. "I love her and I want her to know how much I love her."

Dani smiled. "She will." She said. "Especially after this."

I nodded. "If she agrees to it."

Dani laughed. "Matt you idiot." She chuckled. "Of course she'll agree, she loves you you big dumb shit."

"Maybe." I muttered and right now I was doubting everything.

"So it's all organised?" Dani asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "The venue, the ring, the dress, the only thing that's not organised is the fact of Kat actually showing up."

"She will." Dani said squeezing my arm. "Matt, she will."

I nodded, hoping that she did.

"Come on you two." Brian screamed from the car. "We do not want to be late."

"Everything will be fine." Dani said softly, turning and heading to the car.

I followed, throwing my luggage in the back, before climbing in.

As we headed to the airport I stared out the window. Dani had been so good to me over the last few weeks. I thought she hated me, I honestly did, but lately she'd spent so much time helping me organise something special for Kat, that I realised she didn't hate me, she just disapproved of the way I acted.

I groaned, closing my eye's. The way I acted! I acted like a fucking asshole and it took Kat actually leaving me before I realised it. And after seeing those Tumblr blogs, fuck, I was an asshole, plain and simple.

Hopefully everything would turn out okay. I was hoping Mexico would be my saviour and I was hoping my plan would work.

Kat thought I didn't love her, she thought I didn't because I never showed any affection in front of other's, well in Mexico I was hoping to change that. I'd organised for us to renew our vows to each other. Renew our vows in front of all of our family and friends. Dani had helped me organise it. We had a venue, we had rings, I'd picked out a wedding dress for Kat and I'd invited all of our family and friends to come down for it. The only thing I hadn't organised was Kat and god I hoped she would come. She would wouldn't she? She still loved me right?

"Fucking traffic." Brian muttered as we finally arrived at the airport.

I got out, grabbing my luggage and heading inside. Everyone was here, waiting, well everyone but Kat.

I glanced at Dani wide eyed. "Where is she?" I whispered, feeling my chest tighten. Maybe she wasn't coming after all.

"Listen up dick head." Larry hissed, grabbing my arm and leading me away. "She's already on the plane okay, yes she's coming, but I can assure you, she doesn't really want to be here."

I looked at him, swallowing.

"Now listen up." He continued hissing. "That woman is the best thing that ever happened to you, so do not, I repeat, do not fuck this up, and for fuck sake, do not get on that plane and start shit. Do you understand?"

I nodded, swallowing. "Yeah I understand." I whispered and I did, I understood.

We headed for the gate to board the plane and I was a bundle of nerves, I was nervous but I couldn't help but smile. Kat was on the plane, she was actually coming to Mexico. Maybe things would turn out okay.

"Fuck." Zack whispered, walking next to me and I nodded.

Fuck indeed. He was as nervous as me because over the last few weeks he'd realised how important Dez was to him.

So here we were, the two biggest fuck ups in history, boarding the plane together, full of hope and full of love.

Well we were full of hope and love, that was until we boarded the plane.

I entered the plane, taking a deep breath. There she was, sitting there, smiling at Dez, and oh god she looked so beautiful. Her face was glowing, her hair was down and she was beautiful, perfect.

I walked slowly down the aisle, preparing myself to say hello and trying not to rush to her and hold her.

She looked up and our eye's met and I felt my progress falter.

Her eye's, god they were so full of hate and it was all directed at me.