{Please Don't Hurt Me}

Roy still saw that pretty girl, and Ed still felt alone. Roy didn't ever spend time with him. No dates, no nothing, they didn't even sleep in the same bed anymore. Ed didn't know what he was doing wrong. He barely ate anymore, and because of it, had lost a lot of weight. He only ate enough to keep him going. Ed though one day, that maybe it was because he was a male omega. Male omegas were so rare and most were not wanted an never mated. But Roy had mates with him. Maybe is he acted more like a woman, Roy would spend time with him again. He tried but Roy looked at him strangely.
"What are you doing?" He would ask in a disapproving voice and Ed felt embarassed.
"S-Sorry." He would mumble and retreat back to his room. After weeks of trying, he gave up. He continued to make dinner for Roy, which Roy never ate and every night he'd clean the kitchen. He didn't even bother saving the leftovers anymore. Roy never ate them.
On their first anniversary, Ed went out to buy the best champagne he could find. He left it in a pretty wine cooler and disappeared out of sight for the night. Roy probably wouldn't remember why he'd gotten it and he didn't want to see Roy's confused face. It would hurt so much knowing for a fact that Roy had forgotten their anniversary. The next day, as Ed had gone out, he saw his mate present the bottle of champagne to the lady he'd been seeing. Ed bit his lip, that was supposed to be for Roy and him.
He turned away, not wanting to see any more and continued home.
He wanted to confront Roy. He wanted to scream and yell at the man for cheating, but he could see that the woman made him happier than he could. Even though it hurt him, he just wanted Roy to be happy and if that meant being away from him and with that woman, so be it.
He'd stopped having heats for a few months when he'd gone to the doctor's asking about it. The doctor told him that due to the lack of tending to his heats, he'd become infertile, it was not likely that they would ever come back. He would never give Roy children. Only one more reason that Roy would never want him.
*****
The it seemed to het worse. One night as he was cleaning dished, a plate slipped from his hand, crashing to the floor pieces of porcelain going everywhere.
"What the hell was that?!" Roy came into the kitchen as Edward began cleaning up the broken pieces.
"S-Sorry." Ed whispered.
"Ed you know that this is the good china right?" Roy's tone was getting angrier by the minute and Ed began picking up the pieces faster, cutting his hands on the shards.
"Yes, I'm sorry." He murmured nervously, Roy had never been mad at him before.
"And you realize how expensive these are."
"I'm sorry Roy."
"Sorry doesn't fix anything!" Roy shouted an Ed flinched away from his voice before stopping himself. This was Roy, he wouldn't hurt him.
"You idiot Ed, why were you even using the china?!" Roy continued to scream at him.
"I-It looked pretty..." Ed replied timidly and Roy let out a sarcastic laugh.
"You thought it looked pretty?! You thought it looked pretty?! Ed God dammit that's horrible excuse,"
Roy's hand shot out and Ed didn't know what was happening until he felt the sting of the backhand. He put his hand to his cheek and looked up at Roy with shock and a little bit of fear. Roy had never hit him. He'd only ever given his omega gentle touches. Roy had shock in is eyes for a quick second before glaring at him again.
"Get it cleaned up." He said before storming out of the kitchen, leaving Ed to pick up the rest of the broken plate.
Tears fell from his eyes. He'd hit him.., he's hit him... Ed never thought, he couldn't ever believe that Roy would hit him... But he had... He had.
*****
Ed shouldn't be afraid of his alpha. Roy wa his Alpha for crying out loud! But since the time that Roy had hit him, he'd been cautious of the man. He didn't want to anger him in any way.
He saw other omegas on the streets with their alphas on dates and it would hurt. When Ed had once asked Roy to go on a date with him, the man laughed and seemed to think it a joke. That hurt Edward even more. He just wanted one date. Just one date and he would be okay. He convinced himself that what was happening was okay. It was okay. It had to be okay. Roy would be mad at him for thinking it wasn't okay.
The he heard Roy talking on the phone, he assymed, to the girl he'd ben seeing. He quietly listened in.
"Yeah,"
"Uh-huh.... Listen I'll get him out of the house for good the you can come yeah?"
"He'll be gone in probably two days and I win't have to deal with that brat anymore."
"Yeah start packing your stuff right now."
"Alright, love you too, 'night."
Edward bit back sobs. Roy was going to break up with him. He looked don at the gold ring on his finger. It meant so much to him. But Roy hated him, had called him a brat. Was he really a brat? Was he taking up all of Roy's time? He muffled his sobs and vigorously wiped his eyes trying to stop his tears. He stumbled to his room, not his room anymore and pulled out a suitcase, throwing his clothes and other things into it. He picked up a picture of him and Roy. One they'd taken on the ferris wheel at a carnival. Tears fell harder as he allowed himself to lose control and throw the picture to th ground, shattering the glass and frame. He looked up after, fearful that Roy would come and hit him again.  When Roy didn't come he sighed.
He close his suitcase and headed for the door, slipping out quietly. Maybe he'd head to Resembool, there's an old tradition there where if you've lost your alpha or omega in any way, you could throw something special of theirs, or your wedding ring into a special river. Maybe he'd do that with his engagement ring. He'd stay with the Rockbells until he found a place to go.
As he walked through the night, he didn't realized someone following him until a cloth was put over his mouth and nose and he lost consciousness.
Before he fell into oblivion he though: whoever you are... Please don't hurt me...

Please don't hurt me...