{19} Sing To Me

19

"Here we are!" Jason said excitedly. I took my blindfold off, and smiled. We were at the little ice cream shop that we went to so long ago. It's so small and in the middle of nowhere he wasn't recognized and now neither of us will be. "So what do you think?"

"I think this was the perfect choice."

"Good, now let's go get some ice cream. You know they also sell hotdogs."

"I haven't had a hotdog in so long!"

"Well then let's go!"

We got out and went inside. There was only one person and their eyes widened when they saw who we were. Okay so we are recognized, but one person isn't a big deal.

We went up to the counter and I ordered a hotdog and a soda. He ordered the same. We sat, ate, and talked.

It was pleasant. We talked about what was going to happen when I got back and stuff. Then about something more important.

"What are we going to do about the press?"

"What about them?"

He walked away briefly and brought back a current magazine. He flipped through it until he found what he was looking for. "This."

I looked at the page. There were photos of the both of us yesterday at the café then in his car kissing. Man! I have to hand it to the press. They get the job done fast!

"Damn."

"Yeah. They know that we're back together."

"Well, um...you since we are, we might as well not hide it."

"But what will the story be?"

"You know maybe for once we can tell the truth. We saw each other at the awards then talked and got back together."

"That just might work!" He said. I chuckled.

"Dork."

"People are going to be kind of confused when I leave for six months."

"True. Speaking of which, since you're going to be gone for so long we should spend a lot of time together...alone...soon."

I laughed. "Let me finish my ice cream."

"We ate for a little while, when he said, "You know, this whole press thing is getting on my nerves and I feel dumb for even mentioning it."

"What brought that up?"

"Well I mean what does it matter what the press thinks? We should just let things go and enjoy our lives and forget press."

"I'm glad you finally realized that."

"It does make me feel better. And now that I feel better let's go!"

I laughed. "Fine! Mr. Impatient!"

I finished my ice cream quickly and we walked back out to the car. I saw a flash then another and another. "Crap! Jason let's go! They found us."

He started up the car and we sped off.

We went to the hotel that he was staying at and I sat on the couch after putting a movie in. Jason came and sat himself next to me. "So what are we watching?"

"Beauty and The Beast."

"Seriously?"

"Yes!"

"Fine."

He mumbled something I couldn't hear. "What?"

"Nothing."

"Okay."