{18} Sing To Me

18

I woke up really early because I couldn't sleep. I haven't seen Jason in over a year and now he wants to go have coffee. Good lord! What am I going to wear?!

I ran to my closet and started sorting through everything. I finally decided on a navy blue tight cotton dress that had a looser top with black strappy heels. I straightened my hair, then curled it then straightened it again because I couldn't decided and then I just put some waves in it. I gave up and thought that was good enough.

I grabbed my black handbag and made my way to the coffee shop. I made sure to breath normally and calm down. In the way I got a call from Sierra. I was on my blue tooth so it was legal.

"Hello?"

"Hey Carla I have great news!"

"Okay what is it?"

"Well I ran into Jeffery, Missing Identity's manager, and we got to talking. Missing Identity need a new sound and I thought we could work something out! So we decided that they can do a new album and on this one have a female voice added! You Carla! They was to hook up and make an album with you!"

I gasped. "But sierra I have a new movie I'm going to do."

"Yes well I looked at the script and it's not going to be as big of a production as the last one so it will be quicker. Six or seven months if everything goes well. So then after you're done with that we can start on the album! And they can write the songs while you're away! It's perfect Carla! You won't be on every song but they want you on a lot as a major part of this."

"I don't know sierra. I don't have a very good voice."

"That's a lie! I've heard you, Jason has heard you, and Jeffery has heard you. They all say you have a spectacular voice!"

I sighed. "I'll think about it. I'm going to go meet Jason right now and we'll discuss it."

"Good girl. Get back to me A.S.A.P. Toodles!" She hung up and I parked my car and headed inside. I was a little early so Jason wasn't there. I decided to go ahead and order my hot chocolate.

I sat on one of the comfy chairs and grabbed a magazine. There was my face on the front. It was the most recent issue and it already had me at the after party talking to Jason! Wow they really have stepped it up. That was fast. I opened it to see what they wrote.

'The new little star of Hollywood was spotted last night at the after party talking and having a great time with ex-boyfriend Jason Bradley, front man of Missing Identity. Are the two just friends or is there going to be more in the future?'

I closed the magazine and sighed. I wonder that too.

I heard the chair next to me move and I looked up. There was Jason, or at least I thought it was. He had dark sunglasses, a hat, and a hood on. "Jason?" I whispered.

"Yeah sorry. I had to keep kind of a low profile."

"Oh okay."

Just then two teenage boys came up to me. "Hey are you Carla Jennings?" One asked.

I turned and smiled. "Yes I am."

They got really excited. "Can we get a picture with you?"

"Sure."

I got up and they gave the camera to Jason, who they didn't recognize, and he took the picture.

"Thanks!" They said as they walked away. I waved bye and turned back to Jason.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I took a sip from my hot chocolate.

"Well I mean it's been so long I just wanted to see you again. And to tell you the truth I hate how we ended things."