best friends

Rye's POV;

~ flash back ~

I was in my bedroom playing with all my new toys which I got for my birthday.
"RYE CAN YOU PLEASE COME DOWN HERE A MINUTE" I heard my mum shout from the bottom of the stairs. I put my toys down and walked down the stairs. Once I got to the bottom I walked into the living room and sat down next to my mum, dad and older brother Robbie, this is when I saw four people I didn't know. A man, a woman, a boy and girl.

"Ryan this is the Smith family, they are moving into the house across the road. Amy is your age and will be going to the same school as you and Robbie is the same age as Lewis" my mum said to me. I looked at them all and smiled. My older brother Robbie was already talking to Lewis. Our parents had gone into the kitchen too have a chat.

"Hi, I'm Ryan. Do you want too be friends?" I asked amy.
"Yeah let's be best friends"
Amy said jumping up from her seat and hugging me. Amy ran into the kitchen to tell her mum and dad that we were now best friends.

~ present day ~

I was lying on my bed in my room with my best friend of 15 years Amy. We both were just lying back watching tv.

"Amy do you want a cuppa?" I asked Amy as she lay there concentrating on the TV screen.
"Yes please Rye. Ohh and Ryan could I maybe borrow a jumper I'm kinda cold?" she said turning to smile at me.
"Amy you don't even have too ask, just go take one, I'll be back up in a few minutes" I said walking out my room and down to the kitchen where my mum was sat.

"Hi darling , are you okay?" my mum questioned.
"I just don't know how too tell Amy, it's going to crush her"
I said while I switched the kettle on.

"Ryan, you don't have much time too tell her before you have too leave. Amy will understand. She'll be proud of you and happy for you"
my mum said taking over the tea making.

I sat at the kitchen island with my head in my hands. My mum was rambling on about how I had too tell Amy the truth and had to do it soon. She was right, I only had a couple of weeks left before I leave. I thanked my mum for making the cuppa's for us. I carefully took them up the stairs trying not too spill any. I stopped outside my bedroom door. Breathe Rye just breathe, you can do this I thought to myself. After a good two minutes of trying to force my self into the room, I pushed opened the door. I was greeted with Amy who was in hysterics laughing at the telly. All that was going through my mind was that in about 5 minutes time Amy was not going too be laughing, she was most probably going to be in floods of tears.

It's now or never Rye.. Just do it.