Clingy Red Head Child

Pretend Gaara is like nine in this so Naruto(whose 15) is 6 years older
--------------
I have no idea how this happened. One moment I was walking down the street and now I have a kid attached to my leg.

For those of you who are confused let me start at the beginning. After brutally killing that little piece of scum Gato I knew it wasn't wise to return to the village so soon after my bloodlust episode. So as the seasoned traveller I am, I headed to Suna.

Despite the hot temperature and sand as far as the eye could see they had had amazing hot springs that I loved to visit. So after my short 20 minute travel at full speed i reached the colossal gates. Which, coincidentally was where I met the small redheaded child that is currently clinging onto my legs.

From the moment that I saw his eyes, from the spot I had chosen in my nice comfy tree, I knew what he was. 'Jinchūriki' kurama whispered in side my head. Poor boy.

It was obvious from anyone watching that the boy was about to be assassinated. From the way he was positioned out in the open and the two chakra signals hidden up in the trees. I watched curiously, wondering the out come, I mean this child could be no older then nine. But his eyes lacked warmth, like he'd never seen love.

It was a look i used to wear as well.

Extinguishing my presence, i stared as the first ninja revealed himself. he looked middle aged with a jagged scar down the side of his face and a sneer permanently planted on his mouth. His steely grey eyes had a sort of malicious look as he stared down at the child. The kunai in his hand glinted dangerously in the sunlight.

"Hey now little one, why dont you say still like a good little monster" he cooed in a sickly sweet tone looking down at the small redheaded child who kept his monotone expression. His only acknowledgment of the man was by staring passively at the mans headband, following his gaze i saw the Suna symbol lie proudly on his forehead.

"How much did father pay you this time" the boy responded. Connections started to form in my head as i listened to their conversation, and i defiantly was not happy with the outcome of my thoughts.

"A lot, you little demon, much more then your measly life is worth. To be honest i would have done it for free." The ninja answered a sick smile painted on his mouth.

"Say nighty night" with those words he threw his Kunai, aiming straight for the childs head. I was about to jump in and stop it but something got there before me.

Sand had risen up like a wall blocking the weapon and protecting what i now knew to be the host of The One Tails, Shukaku. There was no doubt that he was talented but he missed one main thing, he left his back open.

Gaara's Pov:

My sand crept up behind the ninja first attaching itself to his ankles and crawling its way up, within seconds he was trapped. The voice in my head was screaming for blood, but i didn't want to kill him. I didn't want to be a murderer.

"you should be careful when keeping your back wide open kid" said a smooth voice startling me from behind. On instinct my sand sped towards the man before i got a good look at him. An unknown feeling crawled up my as i saw him simply swat my sand away. He had simply pushed my main defense away, as if it was a fly. In his hands he held an unconscious ninja.

"h-how" i stuttered as a strange feeling ran along my spine. Is this what fear feels like? He simply waved of my question and walked towards me squatting down on his knees so his face was directly in mine.

Now that i got a closer look at him i noticed half his face was covered in a mask and his only visible features where his eyes that swarmed like an ocean with fox like slits in them. Beside his eyes all i could see was his bright blonde hair that reminded me of sunlight. Power rolled of him in waves, it was so potent like a visible aura surrounded him.

Even the voice in my head was silent. Not that i minded.

"Nice job with the other guy" he praised, patting my head softly. H-he just touched me, my sand didn't react. Why are his eyes so different from the others? The dont seem as scary, he isn't glaring like they do. A warm feeling swelled in my gut as all feelings of fear dissipated. Leaning into his hands embrace i saw him smile in my direction.

I have decided that i like this man. And with that thought, i clung to his leg.

Kitsune Pov:

"Gaara you're going to have to let go sooner or later" i said, sighing slightly as he only gripped my leg more tightly. I had been carrying this little stowaway around for the past 5 hours and he had yet to release me. The small redhead looked up at me briefly before burying his head in my trouser leg, murmuring slightly as he did so. "What was that? I couldn't hear." i asked.

"If i let go you'll leave. Just like uncle."he said softly, refusing to look at me. At his answer my eyes softened and picked him up off my leg, placing him on small wall next to me so he was tall enough to look at me without looking up. I placed my hand his head, ruffling his hair, and ignored his flinch from being unused to human contact as well as the feeling of anger that swelled up in me when i saw his reaction.

"You don't need to worry Gaara, i won't leave without you."My voice came a out in a soothing tone as i tried to convince the boy in front of me. It was true though, i may of  just met him but he reminds me so painfully of myself when i was younger. Tear filled eyes met mine as he replied;

"What if someone takes you like they did to my mummy" voice cracking from emotion. I gave him a blinding grin before flex out my arms and cockily saying;

"Let them try and i will shall dazzle them away with my supreme muscles and skills." Gaara smiled slightly and i took this as the sign to continue. "No really, if you dont believe me hold them!" though confused Gaara hesitantly wrapped his small arms around one of mine. Giving two seconds to react i said "Hold on tight" before lifting up my arms.

He squealed in surprise as he was lifted with it causing him to hang in the air. I moved my arm causing him to sway and laugh happily. I smiled at this, finally, after hours i had got him to laugh. Although sounding a little hoarse from lack of use it was as adorable as anything as i could imagine.

Slightly distracted by the boy giggling in front of me as i swung him about, i didn't notice the Suna shinobi that had entered the empty park until i saw him trying to leave. Pausing for a moment i frowned, he was most likely going to inform the Kazekage about seeing his seemingly unstable and emotionless son laughing with an outsider.

Gaara seemed to catch onto my mood and stopped laughing, instead opting to look at me curious tilting his head slightly. In that moment i felt myself fan girl  internally at the cute scene, to awed at the adorable boy to be disgusted with myself for what i was doing. 

After putting him back on the the ground i answered his unsaid; question i told him;

"I'm going to be having a chat with your father soon" A worried look appeared on his face when i said those words and i knew he thought i was going to leave him. " Don't worry kid, by the time i'm through with him he'll let you come with me."

"Why would you go through so much for a monster like me" His tone was quiet but had a bitter ring to the last part especially on the word monster. Plopping my self on the ground, i sat cross-legged on the floor and lent my forehead against his, closing my eyes as i did so.

" Because we don't let our demons control us we control them, that doesn't make us monsters though. It makes us strong. Monsters are in everyone. They dont have to be sealed inside you like they are with you and me. That's the difference between them and us Gaara, they chose to monsters." I ended my speech with pulling my head away from the boy to see his eyes closed as well and tears on his cheeks.

"Besides" i continued "I doubt my new little brother is monster. Trust me i know about this stuff."

"B-brother?" he asked cautiously, stuttering.

"Brother" i conformed with a sharp nod.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for it being a short chapter, but isn't Gaara just adorable. I was mentally going aww As I was writing it.