The Village Hidden in the Soul

Start from the beginning

Kitsune smiled softly towards the man with a glint in his eye "Sakamoto you yourself where once a slave, who hated all Ninja that forced you to kill, yet here you are side by side with a former ninja as your partner and working as a protector for many other ninja's lives" he placed a hand on his shoulder " we here are a haven, a village for the: neglected, outcasts and the mistreated. The orphans of this world. I trust each person I have brought here and have faith that they can stay good. All of us have done bad things Sakamoto but these people have changed. They will survive a few more days without me."

Sakamoto glanced up at the man he called leader with a shocked look, sometimes he'd forget just how wise Kitsune was even though he'd built an entire village by scratch.

Smiling slightly he said " well then Kitsune-Sama I shall tell Daichi to bring Teppei, I presume you shall want to question him?"

"Indeed but first I am to visit Cherry, I have a gift for her." Kitsune replied

"Don't tell me you got here what she asked!?" Sakamoto nearly shouted out looking at the small bulge in Kitsunes cloak in shock.

"Indeed I did" Naruto laughed out, turning to wards the tunnel.

Many might wonder, how did a huge village stay hidden for 5 years since it's making. Well that was the genius of Kitsune's design. He'd made his Village on a big uncharted island that was covered in a Genjustsu so no one could see it, no ships ventured there due to the rapids that surrounded the place. Kitsune, in order to make a passage used a huge earth justu to make a long tunnel connecting the island to a wild forest of the shore of the land of fire.

The hidden island was the perfect place: hidden, full of vegetation and animals and had clean water running through it. Sakamoto's earlier comment was correct when speaking of the village inhabitants: they where hand picked by Kitsune as he traveled the Country. All where former killers, mercenaries and out casts however these people where the ones who had been forced to do horrible things, this was their safe haven where Kitsune brought them where they could live peacefully and without fear, where they could be normal. He'd saved all there lives at some point.

The majority of kids in the village where orphans who Kitsune had saved, they all possessed a few qualities causing Kitsune to rescue them: they had horrible pasts, a good sense of right and wrong and a good heart.

However in the Village Hidden in The Soul they all had parents, Ninja who had never had the chance to have a family took them in. Everyone had a home, and they all owed it to Kitsune.

Finally reaching the end of the tunnel he was greeted by a blinding light but as his vision cleared the view came into focus. Lush trees surrounded the place with exotic birds flying past his eye sight and in the middle of the island on a colossal clearing lay walls protecting the houses and market within.

Jumping down off the cliff he surfaced from it took him ten seconds of free falling before hitting the ground, softly protecting what one of his arms held in the cloak. Once again sprinting he reached the village in a matter of minutes despite who far away it was. Walking past the guarded doors he was greeted by a bustling market place with all kinds of animal meats and furs being sold along with tools, fruit, house objects and so much more.

Each person he walked by greeted him and he did the same back; having memorized the hundreds of people in his village. Reaching a cosy red house he knocked on the door with his free hand.

A woman about 25 answered, opening up the door and smiling brightly when she saw who it was, bowing slightly she let him in. Cherry has long red hair that reached her waist and bright purple eyes; before coming to a village they had been dulled, emotionless and defeated. Cherry herself had been an assassin, threatened to kill however a year ago had tried to commit suicide after her master took away her new born son; it was at that time that Kitsune came to her.

"What can i do for you Kitsune-sama" she asked, looking fondly at her savior in front of her.

"Hello Cherry, as you know I have been gone for a couple days." He said cryptically back.

"Indeed leader, many wondered where you had been, you where sorely missed." She replied bowing her head respectively.

"Well I had heard you where depressed about the anniversary of your sons birthday, so I went to get you a little present. It took me awhile but I do believe you shall be thrilled" Kitsune replied, his usually dulled voice held a hint of excitement.

" thank you Kitsune-sama, but ....." Kitsune cut her off and revealed what was hidden in the cloak, by now many had gathered; when ever Kitsune left he either brought back a person or something very precious . It was common to see what he brought each time. Many looked shocked at what Kitsune held and others looked at him in awe. He held in his arm, a baby boy who was about 1.

Cherry had tears streaming out her eyes and a hand on her open mouth as she hesitantly reached out for the boy that she recognized as her own.

"Cherry, meet your son, Kaname." Kitsune said softly handing the woman her baby for the first time in a year. Even though everyone knew how kind Kitsune was, it still shocked then at the length he'd go for his people but it made him all the more amazing in the eyes of people who'd never really experienced kindness up until they met him.

Cherry stared at the child in her arms tears still falling down her face as the child held her finger in his hand. About to thank Kitsune, she looked up to find him gone and laughed happily. He did so much for them but he always hated thanks, it made him shy and embarrassed. As cherry held her baby tightly, the villagers went to spread the news of Kitsune newest deed.

Meanwhile Naruto sat in his office after having shushined away from the scene. A knock on the door awakened him from his thoughts; calling out for the person to enter, Teppei stepped into the room escorted by a guard.

"Ahh Teppei glad you came, now what is this I hear about you fighting with Zabuza? Hmm" he questioned placing his chin on his hand; although a kind person when it came to his village he became deadly serious. Teppei on the other hand was sweating buckets, no one wanted to deal with Kitsune's business personality.

Teppei himself had been saved by Kitsune the boy stopped him from the path of darkness as he'd tried to murder the men who killed his wife. Clearing his throat Teppei spoke, respecting Kitsune to much to lie to him
" Zabuza and I met at the dango stand and he and I where fighting over the last Dango, since you bring them in, it's hard to find. Anyway things got heated and he took off when I licked it so he couldn't have it!" He concluded

Kitsune sat there with a sweat drop on this forehead as he listened to Teppei speak.

" Wait! let me get this straight, this whole incident was caused because of Dango? You do realize your grown men who used to be feared In The world." Naruto said skeptically. Teppei nodded energetically.

Sighing deeply, Naruto signaled he could go. Teppei bowed before taking his leave, and Naruto rubbed his head. Of all things; Dango?

I don't own Naruto or any of the characters 😭😭 unfortunately.