Danger

This chapter was edited by the lovely Sweet_Lovexx 

One peaceful yet painful week had passed by since I was saved by Xavier.

Xavier.

The more time I spent with him the more I questioned his involvement with this line of business. He wasn't meant to be here. He was smart, charming and respectful with incredibly exquisite manners. 

He personally put Leo in charge of my protection when he wasn't around. Although Leo wasn't too ecstatic about being my baby sitter, he still understood why Xavier personally assigned him to watch over me.

Never once did he complained about being stranded in this huge room with me whenever Xavier wasn't around. Leo was like Xavier and always tried to uplift my mood. 

He had darker edge that Xavier didn't. However, he was kind to me and never once tried to hurt me. Even though I kept my distance, I didn't mind his presence.

I missed my family oh so dearly. I knew going back meant putting their lives in danger, that's why I never complained about being stuck here with Xavier. Nevertheless, I still had this unrealistic idea that somehow everything would go back to normal one day. 

My father and mother were my biggest supporters and were over the moon when they found out that I was accepted at CU with full scholarship to study English Literature.

They did everything in their power to send me there. But now all their hopes and dreams were shattered into pieces. It was all because of me. I couldn't help but blame myself for getting into this situation. 

If I would have never taken that alley way as a short cut, I probably would have been sitting in a lecture room right now.

It's been three days since Xavier left me but never failed to call the private cell he gave me before he left. He called once every hour to check if I was okay. 

I didn't understand why he thought it was his responsibility to protect me or why he cared so much because there were other girls in that line who he could have picked but he didn't even look at them.

In an odd sadistic way, I was grateful he picked me. I shuddered at the thought of what would have happened to me if someone else had bought me. He said he'd be back by seven in the evening, so when the clock ticked eight, my anticipation level reached its peak causing an internal hyperventilation.

If he was hurt, I would be dead too... maybe even worse.

"Are you okay?" Leo questioned when he saw my small frame cower away in the middle of Xavier's bed while he paced around the room.

I nodded in response; immediately averting my eyes towards the silver clock that hung on the far left side of the room.

"He probably got held up in airport don't cry." He sympathised.

I hadn't realised that I was crying. I was scared. Scared of what that Capone guy would do to Xavier because he took me from him. 

Call me selfish, I didn't want my safety blanket to be taken away from me because I knew if he was gone, I'd be sold again and I'm sure this time no one would be trying to save me. 

I've heard about Capone's grandfather being a very 'influential' and 'powerful' person. If he was anything like him, he would have killed Xavier by now.

I brought my knees up to my chest pulling the comforter closer, hugging it tightly. I knew I'd already lost my family and there was no going back. The only person I trusted now was Xavier.