番目の人生 。eighth life。

煌めき — spark

煌めき  spark.

It's a zing moment. 

Jihoon feels it. The flash of impossible recognition, the bolt that surged through his nerves in that split second his brown eyes met his. (Was it brown? Was it black? Ang layo kasi niya. Not sure. Ang tanging naaaninag lang niyang sigurado sa puntong 'to ay ang dobleng piercings meron siya sa kaliwang tenga nito at ang cross na hikaw nito.) Naramdaman niya 'yon sa kalamnan niya, 'yong biglaang pagkabog ng dibdib niya na para bang may natagpuan siyang bagay na matagal na niyang hinahanap sa sandaling dumapo dito ang kanyang paningin. Which is weird because he isn't looking for anything, for anyone in this matter. Certainly not a man whom he never knew, never even met before. Never even seen before.

But the feeling is there. Jihoon feels it. It's kinda hard to miss. 

Posible ba 'yon? Ang biglaang mahumaling sa isang taong nakita mo 

It isn't love at first sight, definitely. 

It was too shallow for love at first sight. Too shallow. Love at first sight doesn't exist. Jihoon doesn't want to believe it's love at first sight because really, nothing is more pretentious than that old concept. That's what it all is. A concept. A metaphor. Something intangible. Not to be taken literally. 

This, however, is definitely not love at first sight but something deeper. Something that flips his heart over it's head and works on his muscles like a puppet to a puppeteer's strings. It's the same feeling of remembering something you've long forgotten. That same sense of de ja vu but somewhat stronger for Jihoon. It tugs on his being, the feeling pushes him, makes him do something. Makes him want to move. To confirm. 

And he knows the other man feels it too because he stops just like he did, his eyes sparking in the same wavelength as his did. They stare at each other for a good few seconds with the crowd still shuffling around them, taking in each other's faces with a faint mixture of awe and relief painted in both. Nakatayo sila sa sidewalk habang nilalagpasan sila ng daan-daang mga tao sa paligid nila. But neither of them cared of the surrounding sense of haste and urgency. Neither of them moved as they continued getting drowned in each other's eyes, a hint of a smile in both of their lips. 

Until Jihoon got pushed off by a random stranger along the current of the crowd's hustle.

"T-Teka," mahinang bulong niya habang pilit na kumakawala sa flow ng direksyon na pinatutunguhan ng mga tao. Jihoon cranes his neck at the back to see the man desperately trying to catch up to him, muttering apologies and excusing himself as he weaves through the crowd towards Jihoon.

Jihoon, on the other hand, is also desperate, fueled by that unexplained bubble of excitement inside of him. Ni hindi nga niya alam kung saan nanggaling ang kakaibang excitement na 'yon e. What even is he excited over? That man he doesn't know? He's not entirely sure. That only he's sure of is that his body buzzed with adrenaline and he needs to get to that man with the double piercings. Like right now.