Shelly picked up when she was near enough. Ruby asked Shelly, "Can yo--"

Shelly nodded and Elena asked, "Mummy, can I go home?"

Ruby started, "Shelly, wou--"

Shelly beamed with a big smile by getting her granddaughter alone, "Yes, of course."

Shelly run with Elena right after, and that left Ruby shouting, "Be careful. Call me when you get home. And I love you both."

They shouted back from the main entrance, unable to see them just hear, "We love you too."

Ruby heard the door close and faced the nine Alphas and said, "Well gentlemen, I hope you liked the food."

Eric asked without thinking twice, "They have a human smell, why?"

Ruby shrugged her arms and asked, "Does it matter?"

Ethan, one of the Alphas, asked," Yes."

Ruby asked in curiosity, "Are you guys always this noisy?"

Eric sneered, "Excuse me for having doubts on your behalf. I still think this is all farfetched, an act to show a fake reality."

Ruby was boiling in rage, but she didn't show her true feelings. Instead, she said, "I adopted my daughter. They are both witches."

Ben asked, "Witches, but th--"

Ruby interrupted, "I am aware that your relationship with the witches is shaky, however, if we merge then I can help you all in that department. I gained their trust a while ago, I consider them my family."

Daniel asked, "But we have been enemies for so long."

Ben corrected, "Frenemies. We have been their frenemies."

Ruby shrugged and said, "I am good with them, and so are my pups."

Eric asked, "May I know how you managed that?"

Ruby answered, "Shelly, she is a coven witch, the main witch. She helped me through thick and thin. I consider her as my mother."

Eric asked, "Yes... Family, you talk so fondly about unity, am I right?"

Ruby was confused and asked, "What are you asking?"

Eric continued, "Ruby Warzone doesn't exist. We searched you from everywhere and we found nothing. Who are you?"

Ruby was shocked that he had made a background check, she didn't think of that. Ruby forgot that anyone with money could access that and find nothing.

More or less, there must be from the time that Shelly took her in. Ruby said cautiously, "I am from a small town in America."

Eric asked, "Where?"

Ruby was trying hold her tears back, thinking of her home town and her ex-mates. Now Jeremy who consumed her mind lately. It didn't hurt to think about her ex-mates that much, as it was about Jeremy. She said, "I can't tell you that."

Ruby's tear slid through her cheek and she quickly wiped it. Ben asked, "Are you okay?"

Ruby pulled a fake smile and said, "Of course. So about me... right... Well, I will not tell you where I am from exactly, but I can say that no one is waiting for me in America, nor they care about me."

Ben reassured Ruby, "That must be not true."

Ruby nodded, "It is."

Ruby cleared her throat and continued, "It doesn't matter because my daughter and the pack adore me. They accept me for me and for that I am grateful."