Chapter 3

Next day, she went to a vacant place that needed some decorations to look elegant.

Ruby was waiting for Ms Smith to give her instructions. Ruby saw her coming and asked for indications and Ms Smith gladly gave.

Ruby started by ordering people what to cook and how the decorations should be placed. The designs were inspirational and drawn by Ms Smith. Her boss taught how to do everything and this event was about fundraising for animals. Everything was organised and looking amazing.

Ms Smith complimented Ruby for her efforts and made a comment that she was the best. The night of the event was perfect, everything was smooth.

Eventually, Ms Smith became a mother figure and a grandmother to Elena. She knew that Ruby was a werewolf and Elena was a witch. When Ruby asked how Ms Smith explained that she was a witch herself and she was ready to teach Elena her secrets as she had no grandchildren.

Six months flew through quickly and her life had changed majorly. Elena was doing great at the school and Ms Smith was teaching her spells. Also, Ms Smith was not the boss anymore as Ruby had taken full custody of her business, and therefore became the most powerful person.

Ruby became close to Ms Smith, so Ruby started calling her Shelly. No more formalities were needed on her family of three. Shelly lived with Ruby and Elena and they were so happy that they had found their own family.

Ruby was sitting on behind her desk with scattered paper all around and thought how she got here. How did she get lucky? Today, she was glad that she was rejected by foolish people, because if she wasn't then how could she ever meet those two wonderful people who call themselves as a family.

Ruby heard a knock and saw her assistant, Theresa, with a planner. Theresa told her that her appointment was at a restaurant downtown, which Ruby nodded. She got ready and walked to her car.

After some minutes, she was in front of the restaurant but she heard that someone was whimpering. She walked near to those sounds and ended up in an alleyway. There were seven men, five of them were in a circle and in the middle were two injured and in the ground. She smelled the air, and she knew that they were all werewolves.

They were stronger than Ruby, she contemplated running to the direction that she came from, but something was stopping her. She looked into her purse and saw her gun, full of silver bullets; one of the things that the werewolves can die from. Ruby looked for any cameras that the humans or any other creatures can identify her, they weren't any. She pulled her gun out and started shooting at the five standing men. The men who were kneeling were frozen and staring at Ruby.

She looked around and she knew that they were dead; her gaze went to the unknown living men. She pulled her gun into her purse. She looked at the men and smiled. She started to walk away, when one of them said, as he was standing up, "Why did you do that?"

Ruby turned around and said, "Because you needed help and I could do it."

The other one turned and asked, "My name is Dylan and this is Isaac."

Ruby frowned and said, "I suggest you run, someone might catch us."

Isaac said, "You need to come with us. Your scent is in the air, if anyone finds out that you helped a ro—I mean us, then..."

Ruby started to think about what they were talking about. She took another sniff and she knew why they were nervous. They were rogues, werewolves that are rebels, but they live in packs too. Ruby said, "Run before anyone finds you, I can handle from here."

Isaac asked curiously, "Why would you do that?"

Ruby shrugged her shoulders and said, "I have enough power to turn this quiet. Go and be safe."

Isaac and Dylan took their time scattering from there, as they were injured. Ruby took her phone out and called Shelly to help her. Ruby told everything and Shelly said to put on a loudspeaker, Ruby did as she was told. Soon, Shelly started chanting something and the body started disappearing and it felt like nothing had happened. Ruby asked a question on how she did it and Shelly simply laughed and hung up.

Ruby got out the alleyway and her phone started ringing. She saw the caller ID and it was her secretary. Ruby picked up and Theresa informed that the meeting was cancelled as the client had a personal emergency.

Ruby hung up and smiled and thought about an idea.