Chapter 11

Ruby didn't give a chance for ifs or buts, she got out of the car and ran to her house. When she got inside, the room was empty and dark. A light shined through the room revealing Shelly and Ruby hid her hands behind her back.

She looked like she had woken up, Ruby suggested, "Go to bed, Shelly."

Shelly stopped and looked at Ruby, "How was the party?"

Ruby was surprised that Shelly knew about the event, because only the pack knew about it. Ruby asked, "It was good."

Shelly was doubtful so she asked, "Let me see your hands."

Ruby shrugged her shoulders and started to walk to her bedroom door, but Shelly held her wrist and looked at the bloody hands. Shelly asked, "Who did you kill?"

Ruby sighed and told what had happened on the party and how Jeremy had reacted to her offer. Shelly listened thoroughly and thought to herself. Finally, Ruby asked, "What are thinking?"

Shelly looked at her and said, "Was this your first kill?" Ruby nodded her heads and Shelly quickly followed with a question, "How did you feel about it?"

Ruby thought about lying, but Shelly was always able to find the lies. So Ruby told the truth, "I felt different. More powerful, like no one can touch me. That I can do anything. The blood had made me happy." Ruby said quietly, "I am a monster."

Shelly immediately disagreed, "Not a monster, dear. You are special. There is something I didn't tell you."

Ruby asked curiously, "What?"

"A normal werewolf from a pack, when angered, they have black eyes. Rogues have light red. Yet, you have crimson eyes. No other rogue has it. There is a legend..."

"What legend?"

"That the wolf with dark red eyes has the power to command any wolf, even if they are in a different pack. Even the high rank werewolves. You are that one! You have the power, but if anyone finds this out, they will kill you in a heartbeat."

Ruby shallowed all her words and digested on her mind. Ruby said at loud, "I can control any wolf, even my exs."

Ruby's crimson eyes came out and her wolf was on the edge. Shelly saw the sudden change and reminded her, "I know that revenge is what you want, but you can't do that."

Ruby wasn't in control anymore, as her wolf had resurfaced and her voice had changed. Ruby said, "And why not?"

Shelly said, "Because that's not you."

Ruby became angrier than before and shouted, "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!"

Shelly flinched at her words and started to back away, when Ruby was edging closer to her. Ruby was about to attack, when Elena said quietly, "Mummy."

Quickly, Ruby looked at the small voice and her red eyes started to fade away. When they were gone, Elena ran to her mother and Ruby picked her daughter up. Elena said with some tears, "Mummy, I need you. Please never leave me."

Ruby hugged tighter after those words and started to cry herself. She knew that she shouldn't lose control and promised herself that she wouldn't ever slip again.

Her wolf had calmed down at Elena's sight and her revenge started to have no meaning. But her wolf told Ruby that if she even found her exs again, she would resurface again. Her wolf disconnected to Ruby and Ruby was left with her wolf's words.

*****

Read, vote and comment!