2.

Key items to know

Y/n- Your Name
B/n- Brothers Name
E/c- Eye color

- <— This mark means I suck at writing so this is to help transition. It's basically a two hours later in the book.

More may be added later.

Y/n pov.

Thankfully, we escaped the prison right before the wave of creatures from the city took over. Unfortunately, we couldn't save anyone inside the prison. I don't think I can ever get rid of that guilt.

One of the teenagers in the group suggested we go to a cabin in the woods. He said his grandpa lived there. I think the kids name was Armin. I'm kind of glad he lived in the woods. The cities have been hit the worst from what I can tell.

As we follow Armin down the path, I hear an alert from my phone. I honestly thought it was dead.

"Everyone listen up." I said reading the title of it. 'Project Titan' is what it read.

"This is Natalie from Channel 16 reporting the news. We are alive and safe. I've been informed the outbreak was a result of Project Titan. Project Titan is a classified government experiment gone wrong. If there's any survivors, please heed the following information. Titans can be normal and slow, but some of them are abnormal. They can have speed and they can-"

My phone died.

"What does she mean abnormal?" Levi asked.

"I don't know. I don't think I've encountered any abnormal ones." I said trying to recall any of them that stuck out.

I thought the ones I've been dealing with were abnormal, but now they're changing? Evolving? What kind of project was this? What were they gonna use this for?

"I know this." Hanji spoke up.

She knows this? Did she hear the news earlier? This doesn't make sense.

"Hanji don't-"

The sheriff was cut off by Hanji.

"Erwin they deserve to know." Erwin-I'm assuming- closed his mouth and looked towards the floor. His face screamed guilt. What did they do?

"I was a scientist working on project Titan. I quit after I found out they were abusing the testers. This project was made for a person to gain abilities that enable them to be more of a threat than your normal soldiers. We- they almost completed, but they lacked one ingredient."

Hanji paused to adjust her glasses.

"In order for the serum to work, the testers have to have the right DNA. It has to be perfect or else it mutates them as it does now. The scientist from before must've figured if one good DNA is all it takes then maybe they could mutate other cells by 'biting' another person to spread the serum. This is where the zombie aspect comes in. Honestly, it was meant to be more of a vampire effect. One is bitten then all its flaws are perfected. Instead it was a zombie effect." Hanji summarized.

I looked at her then at Erwin. He looked guilty.

"I was originally the commander in charge of getting test subjects. Me and Hanji applied at the prison to use people who didn't deserve to live as the subjects. When we heard what they were doing we resigned and continued to work at the prison." He said.