Sweet Life.

Rashad ^

Rashad ^

10th grade.
I always found myself so mesmerized by the ocean. How it carelessly moved, tackling all forms of adversity that may come its way—I'm pretty sure the waves get sad when people drown; whether it be accidental or in vain.

The waves weep.

I miss the ocean, the warm California breeze against my brown skin. The thought of it all was to bittersweet that I forget to smile.

I fix my gaze on Rashad, whom was focused on the wheel—I rolled my eyes, closed my journal and slouched back on the reclining seat.

"How much longer till we're there babe?" I ask, masking my irritation. However; he found it amusing that I was frustrated looking at pure road the last 10 hours, rest stops included.

"Well, see for yourself," he says, taking his eyes off of the road to look into mine for a millisecond, motioning that I take a look to where his gaze shifted. Like a child discovering something for the first time, I turn quickly only to have my eyes brighten up at a sign I thought I was going to inevitably see.

"Welcome to Nevada"

Quickly grabbing my iPhone from my pocket, I take several photos. I can't post them anywhere yet since the state of California did release an amber alert—thus making us runaway teens.

"I don't know why you taking pictures for, you can't disclose it anywhere. Less you want us getting caught." He smirked at me while his right hand caressed my thigh. My initial reaction was to poke my lips out and pretend I didn't like him doing these things, but I couldn't. Not even now after his hand rose a bit higher up my skirt while I connected my phone to the aux.

"Play some Future," he says, the car maneuvering to the exit lane off of a remote, but functioning Pit stop.

I put future on shuffle as he parked the car by a gas tank. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he cupped my face before latching his lips onto mine. The first few minutes were innocent...but then things were getting heated.
My top was off, revealing my perky nipples. His hands copped a feel while I sigh in pleasure, the feeling of liberation to do what I want felt so good. But I knew this would be short lived, I'll eventually be found, and my parents would take my phone privileges away along with my TV. I may also have to sleep earlier.

But all that shit wasn't even something that phased me right away. I was a carefree black girl. I got to run away from home, I got to see Nevada, I got to fuck my boyfriend in cheap, rural pit stops.

I got to live this experience and live it well.

As he continued his ministrations onto my neck, licking it slowly before biting at it, I moaned quietly—just before his phone rang.