Chapter 5

(Laura's POV) 

Only 5 more minutes till school ends, and I have to tell Ross what I go through. My dad is probably drinking and won't get home till early in the morning tomorrow so I don't care.

Right now I'm not listening to the teacher blabbing about the most random things, instead, I'm thinking of how I'm going to tell Ross about my dad, and I know once I tell him, he'll be really mad. Tomorrow we have to sing our song for music class and we haven't finished it, so I need to go over to his house and we NEED to finish!!! 

RRIIINNGG 

I close my books and run out the class, I run up to my locker, stuff my book in there, grab my things and walk out of school and around the school to the back. When I get there, I already see the blonde friend waiting. I smile 

(Ross' POV) 

10 minutes till school ends and Laura tells me what's wrong. I'm really worried. What if it's REALLY bad, I'm afraid that she thinks that she's no good for anything, when she's the most important thing to me.

I raise my hand

"May I use the bathroom?" I ask the teacher, putting my book in the desk where it belonged 

"Fine, go" the teacher said a little annoyed that interrupted the class,  I really don't care.

I walk out of the class and to my locker, grabbing my things and running around the school to the back. There is a bench and I sit on it and I wait for my friend. Should I be worried??!!

(Laura's POV)

I walk up to my friend and sit next to him, not saying anything yet, my head down

I hear him sigh, he's ready to say something 

"What's wrong Laur? Is everything ok? Your making me really worried?..." he kept asking questions not letting me answer. He takes my hands and kisses them lightly, I blush... again

"...Please tell me" he said, I can feel his sympathetic eyes on me.

I sigh, and I slowly look up...

He looks at me shocked. Then his face looks angry, not at me, but to the person who did this to me.

"Who did this" he said angrily 

I mumble the answer.

"Who?" 

I sigh " My...dad" I feel a tear sream down my face, I quickly wipe it away, but I know Ross saw it.

"Tell me, how?" He said pulling me into a hug 

I put my hand on his chest, I can feel hard abs, my arms slowly wrap around him.

"It started when I was 5. My mom left me with him, before she left, he abused both of us. One day, I came back from school, to find a note, and  when he got home, he blamed it on me. But, last night was the worst-" I said closing my eyes remembering all of those years of abuse, hatred, loneliness. I continue telling him.

It's 5:30 and I'm finally done telling him what I've  gone through. 

"Laur, you can't live like this, you don't deserve it, you need to tel-" Ross began, but I interrupt him

"No!! I can't tell anyone and neither can you. If I did, and he found out, he would KILL me, and for real this time!!" 

"But Laur, you can't live like thi-" I interrupt him again 

"I know, but please, PLEASE don't tell anyone"

"Bu-" 

"Please" I whisper to him, my eyes red and puffy from all the tears. "Please" I pleadingly whisper to him again.

He sighs. "Fine, but you'll have to say something eventually". Hugging me tighter 

I nod quickly "Just, promise me you won't tell ANYONE"

"I promise"he says and I readjust my arms around him. "This is why you sent that sad face the other day"

I nod

"I'm so so so sorry you have to go through this, you don't deserve it" he said kissing the top of my head 

I hug him tighter 

"By the way, can I come over to finish the song, it's due tomorrow" I say

"Oh you are so right, sure. But, what about your dad?"

"He's probably drinking right now and he won't get home till tomorrow morning" 

"Are you sure?" He asks 

"I'm positive". We laugh for no reason and walk to his house, his arm around my shoulders and mine around his waist 

I...feel...safe...in his arms.  I've never felt like this before.