Chapter 1: Loving Thy Enemy(A Werewolf Romance)

Okay so this idea just came to me. I do a lot of fan fics so I decided to do a Mate kind of story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear Diary,

Cameron and Chris pulled another prank on me today. They filled my locker with a paint cannon. When I open my locker blue paint exploded all over the place. It was in my hair and all over my clothes. I caught Cameron and beat the crap out of him. I always hit him yet he still humiliates me. He and his twin brother love to torture me. Why do they hate me? What did I ever do?

I put down my pen and sighed. I wrote entries like that almost every day. My name is Courtney Truscott. I'm sixteen years old. I live with my cousins Erin and Nikki Spellman. Erin and Nikki are great. They are a year older than me. They're fraternal twins, and my best friends. They were my only friends. It's not like I didn't hang out with other people, because I did. But they only hung out with me because they had to. You see, I'm an orphan. My parents died in a war a long time ago. I'm a she wolf. My parents died in a war between another pack. Because they were dead Erin and Nikki let me in their pack. They had to beg the alpha. He finally pitied me enough and let me join. I was a loner. Everyone thought I was a creepy loner. Goth girl. Weird girl. Scary girl. Those were names I was always called. Just because I like black, I'm Goth, according to them. They think I'm Emo, too. Scene, I've been called it all. I still don't know why. Ever since day one they have all hated me. I used to think I was pretty. I have long wavy dark brown hair. It's almost black. I have big brown green eyes. I'm lean and slender. I have grown tough over the years. Because no one talked to me, I spent my time training. Although Nikki and Erin love me, sometimes they avoid me. They are both very popular and I'm not. I'll cramp their style. I understand but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I was sitting in a tree. There's this huge tree in the forest. I call it my tree. I always climb up the tree and sit there. I usually write in my diary or listen to music or just think. Everyone was scared of me because they considered me violent. Now I could be violent, depending on the situation. I was a strong fighter. I was actually stronger than a lot of the males in our pack. I looked down at my clothes. Were they really that bad? I frowned. Why couldn't I be pretty and popular like my cousins?

"Yo Freak!" I hear a voice yell. I look down. Holly Branch was standing there glancing up at me. Holly was the typical perfect, popular, blonde. She was head cheerleader and had the hottest boyfriend. Holly was very pretty. But she was so awful on the inside. At least she had always been to me. But she was a total sweetheart according to Nikki and Erin.

"Holly?" I answer her.

"Pack meeting in five," she tells me. She turns around but I say "Why are you telling me this?" She turns back around and looks at me.

"Everyone has to be there. Even you," she sneers then she walks away. She was wearing a cutesy pink and white dress and pink heels. Her jewelry had set off the outfit. I didn't know how to dress like that. I look down at my black dress and black boots. I sighed and slid down the tree. I landed perfectly on my feet and I tucked my dairy into my purse. I hurried along to catch up with Holly. She rolls her eyes at me. We make it to the pack house and we walk out to the backyard. There were benches everywhere and mostly everyone was present. "The youngsters", the youngest people in the pack, were sitting at a bench together. This group consisted of four girls. Tara Fray, Holly's boyfriend's younger sister, who was fifteen, Catlin Monroe, Cameron and Chris's younger sister, was fourteen, Jayla Spellman, Nikki and Erin's younger sister, was thirteen, and Elli Heart, who was the younger sister of Grace Heart. Grace had never been mean to me. But she hadn't talked to me either. The stuck up girls sat together. Molly Carter and her sister Mallory were seated. They were both seventeen and eight months apart. They both had the same long glossy black hair. Leanne Rider sat next to Mallory. She was blonde and Holly's best friend. Next to Leanne sat Melinda Benson. Next to Melinda was Samantha Cole. Then there was Drew Walker, then Erin, then Nikki, then Cara Berry. The popular guys sat across from them. Jayden Stories was in front. I hated Jayden and he hated me. He was a huge player and a jerk. Ethan Fray, Holly's boyfriend, was next to him. Ethan was cute but he was sort of dorky. I suppose his looks and his mate put him in the popular crowd. Rio Nelson sat next to Ethan. Rio was Grace's boyfriend and even I had to admit that he was hot. Cameron and Chris Monroe were next to him. I loathed the twins almost as much as I hated Jayden. They were the pranksters. Everyone thought they were funny, but that was only because the pranks were all pulled on me. The sensitive girls were on a bench next to them. The sensitive girls were sweet and caring. They weren't really my friends, but they were usually pretty okay to me. The sensitive girl group consisted of Cleo Locket, who was very sweet, Max Simpson, and Grace Heart. Then there was the "Freak" group. I was the only person in that category. I sat down at my table by myself. I was on a bench next to "The Youngsters". Rio clapped his hands. Rio was the Alpha Male and Grace was Alpha female. They were mates. Jayden was Beta and didn't have a mate yet. Ethan was third in control ,mated to Holly, and Cameron and Chris were trainers,not mated. They handled most of the training. The youngsters just cleaned up messes and took care of small problems that they could handle on their own.

"Okay so I called this meeting today to discuss a problem we might be facing," Rio declares.

"Is this about the rouge?" Cara asks. There had been a rouge wolf running around and causing some trouble.

"Yes," Rio answers. He continues, "This rouge is alone and we're sure of it."

"So what's the problem if it's only one rouge?" Holly asks as she examines her nails.

"We don't know where he is," Jayden answers.

"He shouldn't be hard to take out," Holly argues.

"Holl, if you were to run into him wouldn't you be scared?" Rio asks.

"No, I'd kick his ass," she answers.

"Well just in case someone was to run into him we want to be prepared," Rio says.

"I agree with Holl. He's just one guy," Mallory says.

"That's true Mal but we should be ready," Chris says.

"Anyone could handle him," Molly says.

"Maybe just not Elli or Jayla, because they haven't finished training," Leanne pipes in.

"We'd be ready if we were together," Jayla says.

"Yes but if you were out on a run and you met him he could pound you little sis," Nikki tells her sister. Jayla rolled her eyes.

"I'm not a little kid, I could take him," she says crossing her arms.

"We're sure you could but don't do something stupid like try to find him," Erin tells her sister. We talked about defense plans if we were to be attacked. The meeting was over then. I went to my room in the pack house and sat on the bed. I sighed and pulled out my diary.

Dear Diary,

I think I just found the perfect way to impress everyone. I'll go find that rouge I'll kill him. Everyone will be so proud and maybe they'll start to like me.

I wrote quickly. I put the book away and started to think of an attack plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how do you like the first chapter? There's Courtney in her outfit on the side. I know that's a lot of names to rember so sorry.