Chapter 3: Christmas Time

The joy didn't last forever.

"Christmas finally!" A little girl screamed running to the colorful tree. "Can I open the gifts, pleeeaaase?" she asked with brown eyes wide open filled with happiness. "Not yet, Camille. It's not even Christmas yet, today is Christmas Eve. The day before Christmas when we eat dinner and thank God for our blessings" her father explained getting close to his daughter. "Oh, okay" she replied. "But tomorrow we open presents?" Camille asked hopefully.
"Yes, my dear. Santa's coming tonight" her father answered as he hugged her.

The horrible noises stopped a while ago. They told me we were playing hide and seek, so I hid. "Stay in your hiding place until we find you" my mommy explained. They never came looking for me. But maybe it was those noises I heard downstairs. My mommy and daddy yelling and I think something broke up in different pieces, maybe one of the snowballs. They never fought before and were always happy. When the noises stopped a voice yelled my name over and over again. "CAMILLE, CAMILLE MY DEAR. WHERE ARE YOU?" I stayed in my hiding place. But then I heard something that scared me. Screams. "Don't do this! You don't need to do this!" "Leave us alone" voices shouted repeatedly. I was scared. "Mommy, daddy... please be okay" I cried in silence.
"Mommy, where are you?" I asked getting out of the closet. "Daddy?"

Everything was dark. Lights were turned off. I walked in silence looking for my parents. They weren't here. I went downstairs slowly until I stepped over some liquid. Maybe it was the water inside the snowball. I kept walking. "Camille, is that you?" a voice said. "Mommy?" I asked walking towards the Christmas tree. I saw my mommy laying down near it with a big dark spot in her chest. "Mommy? Are you okay?" I asked as I started crying. "Camille, you have to go" she said looking at me. "I don't wanna go mommy" I took her and hugged her. "You have to go. Your father... Santa..." my mommy said and closed her eyes. "Mommy, what happened to daddy?" I asked but my mommy was cold. I cried and cried until I felt two hands in my back.

"Santa came earlier, my dear" a familiar voice said.