CHAPTER 3 STUDY

CHAPTER 3 STUDY

     As we neared my house I told Tris that Peyton was going to help me with my math. "Why can't you go to his house?" she asked curiously "His older sister Lilly's coming over and he doesn't want her to get the wrong idea," I explained to her. "Okay, but mom said I could have a couple people over while mom's working her night shift." "That'll be fine!" I said nicely.

  The bus squeaked to a stop and off went the three of  us and some other kid. Peyton and I trailed behind my sister who was walking so fast that Peyton and I were jogging to match her pace. When we reached the house it looked like mom had already gotten home. Just as we walked through the old blue door, mom was getting ready for her night shift. "Are you and Peyton working on school tonight?" my mother asked. "No, we're going to mars to meet an alien!" I said sarcastically. "Okay missy, we're gonna have to limit the sarcasm" she said in a relaxed tone. My mom's really cool, she'll let us have parties almost whenever we want! "Oh, and Beatrice no setting any fire!" My sister gives me an evil smirk "Or throw fireballs at your sister!" my mom states sternly. "But w-what if  Johanna floods the house?!" my sister says clearly embarrassed by the fact that she had been called out in front of Peyton. "What makes you think I would do that?" I retort. "Girls, enough!" mother yells "The house better be in one piece when I come back, got it?" "Got it!" my sister and I say harmoniously. "Okay I'll see you later, okay?" "Okay!" we add "Love you! Bye" my mother quickly gives me and my sister a peck on the cheek and left.

By the way, my sister took after my dad's power but wanted to stay with my mother and me.

"Well shall we start?" Peyton asked awkwardly to break the silence. "Uh yeah sure, that's fine! here I'll show you to my room" "Okay" we walk to my room in silence, by the time we got through the first lesson I needed help on, Tris's guests started to arrive. "I'm gonna go get us something to eat" I say, I am starving! "Okay" he says seeming like he was hungry too. I brought back two slices of pizza. "It was the only thing they would let us have, I'm sorry if you don't like it." I said apologetically "It's okay, I haven't had pizza for months!" "Well I'm glad you like it". We start reading again but Peyton keeps staring at me. "What's wrong Peyton?" I ask unsure about what his answer will be. "Um, I have something to confess to you" he says quietly. My heart starts pounding against my chest, we've never kept any secrets from each other. "Johanna, I love you" he says with his cheeks red from embarrassment. I'm pretty sure I have a shocked look on my face because of what he says next "I-I know it sounds crazy but I've always had a huge crush on you. A-and when we became friends, I felt like the most happiest person alive" he says his face just centimeters from mine. He leans in and I do the same. Right at that moment my lips touched his warm ones. It felt like electricity was surging through me. My best friend who I thought was too good for me, had a crush on me. This was the best day ever! As I thought the kiss had become more passionate. Once we pulled back we were gasping for air. "Peyton" "Yeah" he says out of breath. "Can you stay the night?" I ask innocently " I'll ask my mom" he says with a grin on his face. "Yay!" I laugh "Oh, Peyton," "Yeah?" "I love you too!" I say.

After Peyton's mom said yes I asked my mom who also said yes. It was 10:00 at night when I finally finished my lessons. We had no where else for Peyton to sleep so he slept in my bed with me. I wake up thrashing and screaming. Peyton immediately wraps his arms around me attempting to comfort me. "Johanna what happened?" he asked with sleep still in his voice. "Nightmare" I said "Can you tell me what it was about?" I nod "My dad captured and threatened to kill everyone I love but I tell him 'no' and he set me on fire" I say. "Well it's okay you're 100% safe and not on fire" he tells me. As I'm falling asleep, I hear him whisper 'I love you' in my ear. In my mind I say 'I love you too!' and drift off into a dreamless sleep.

A/N this just got good ! Next chapter will be more action packed okay? Okay! well keep reading and follow me and my friend @mbcwilson !