Chapter 1: She Stood Up For Me

Eren's POV

"Eren!"
"Eren!"
"Eren!"

"Stop it, Dad!"
"What are you trying to do?!"

"Just give me your arm!"

"NO!"
"After Mom died, you lost it!!!"

"EREN!"

"LET ME GO, DAD!!"

"This is for your sake!"

"What are you talking about?!?!"

"Don't forget the key!"
"You must get there!"
"Someday, you'll understand!"
"Until you do..."

-

That's when I woke up.

"Eren, are you okay?" Mikasa asked me, "You were tossing and turning."

"I felt like I saw my dad" I replied.

"That can't be," she was confused.
"It was only a dream."

"Was it?" I whispered.

That's when I noticed the key around my neck. It was the key to the basement at my house. No, it couldn't be...

"Let's go," Mikasa told me.
"They said they were going to distribute food."

I tucked the key inside my shirt and got up to go outside the food storage house we were staying in.

"This used to be a food storage house," Mikasa explained, "they're keeping refugees who fled by ship here."

There were so many people. A few were fighting to get in line for food. But there was so many people.

"It isn't certain that we will survive," Mikasa said calmly as usual.

"Eren!"
"Mikasa!"
Armin said while running over to us with 3 loaves of bread in his arms.

"I got here just in time," he exclaimed.
"My grandpa got these for us kids."

"Thank you," Mikasa and I replied while he handed us one.

As that happened, I noticed a Garrison member standing behind Armin looking at us with disgust. Then he just turned around and walked away.

"What's his problem?" I wondered.

"There's nothing we can do, I don't think there is enough food for everyone," Armin explained. "They say that's all we get today. There are too many refugees. And not enough food to begin with. You know the farther out you live, the less they care, right?"

"Why do we have to share our food with these outsiders?" The Garrison member guy from before said, "if the Titans were breaking through anyway, they should have eaten more, so there would be fewer mouths." He said confidently.

I couldn't stand that. I had to do something. I couldn't forgive myself if I just stood there.

"Now there's just that much less food," he said.

I walked up to him. I kicked him in the shin as hard as I could.

"OW!"
"What are you doing you stupid kid?!"

Then he punched me in the side of my face. Then the other guy with him kicked me down.

"You have no idea..."
"You've never even seen it!"
"You've never seen the way they eat people!" I screamed at him.

"SHUT U-"

Before I knew it, he was slapped in the back of the head by some girl.

He turned around and saw her standing there.

"How about you pick on someone your own size!" She said to him.

He smirked.

"Sorry miss, but you better watch who your messing with," he said smiling proudly down at the girl. "You don't even reach my level."

Then she kicked him in the shin. Obviously much harder than I did because he flinched and bent down standing on one foot holding his shin.

"Oh look, now we are the same size!" She said cheerfully.

Then, she grabbed the back of his neck and punched in the stomach multiple times. He finally fell to the ground. Then she kicked him a few time in the stomach. Then looked up at the other guy. He was about to run away but she stopped him and punched him to the ground.

She looked up from the two she just beaten and looked at me. She walked over and helped me to my feet. She had beautiful green eyes with long brown hair in a sided braid.

"Sorry you had to see that," she apologized.
"But are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thanks but you didn't need to do that," I told her.

"Yeah I probably went a bit far," she said looking back at them.

"Are they dead?" I asked scared.

"No, they shouldn't be," she said.

Just then they were slowly waking up. And when they saw her, they quickly got up and limped as fast as they could away from her.

I looked back at her. That's when I realized. At that moment, when she was was smiling and waving them goodbye in a way that means 'you better watch out'. At that moment I realized... She wasn't a member of the Garrison. I noticed she was wearing a solider uniform before but I didn't pay attention what branch she was apart of. I just assumed she was a Garrison member. But I was wrong...

She was...

She was...

A member of the Scouting Legion.

......

Hey guys I hope you liked the first chapter! I tried to make it as close as I can! I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!
~Mack

✌❤😄