Chapter Two

Vaden's POV

Aviva stood up from my table after finishing her drink, she looked relieved. "Thank you Vaden, I can't tell you how much it means to me that she'll be safe with you looking after her."

I shrugged and slowly sipped at my own drink, not all that excited about going back out into public and seeing everyone again.

"The school semester starts in a week and I'd like to introduce you to her before then, maybe a few days before. I'd also like to show you around my school and where you'll be staying in the mean time."

"You want to leave now I presume?" I asked finishing my drink. I took the empty glasses and went over to the sink to wash them.

"If possible, do you need to pack anything?" Aviva asked as she watched me.

"No, I'll meet you outside while I fix up in here and then we can go." I sighed once I finished drying the glasses and putting them away.

"Of course, I'll wait for you by the car." Aviva agreed and quickly left.

I froze in place and watched after her. A car? I'll be riding in one of those contraptions? I don't like the sound of that. Why can't we take horses? I sighed as I thought of Ruddy who has passed on into nothing by now.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Vaughn asked as he appeared leaning against my table in his usual robes.

"As much as I dislike Aviva for ordering me into hiding and taking her away from me, she still is my family, even if we're no longer connected by true ties. That makes her daughter family too." I sighed again while starting to clean up the cabin.

"Well, at least we're getting out of this damn place finally." Vaughn groaned while cracking his neck from side to side. "We've been here too long and I'm sensing a hell of a lot of fun in the future. Bloody and deadly fun."

"You're so creepy Vaughn." I grumbled while he chuckled. "Come out Fetch'ren."

In a flash of smoky green a small creature with green/grey skin, pointed ears, sharp teeth and spindly arms with only a loincloth on appeared before me.

"What shall be your bidding Mistress." The creature scathed out.

"Please look after the cabin while I'm away. I could possibly be back a few times, but mostly I'll be away. You will be all right on your own yes?" I asked the old elf who I had met during my travels and looks after the multiple homes I have over the lands.

"Of course Mistress. Be safe on your travels Mistress, I will be here when you return." Fetch'ren bowed lowly to me.

I patted his head as I walked past him. "Good, see you then Fetch'ren. Vaughn to your sword form please."

"Of course Mistress." Vaughn drawled mockingly making me scowl at him until he shifted.

I caught his sheathed form and went to my bedroom finding Rhoa az sitting on my bed ready. "Thank you Artemis." I thanked the old Greek goddess who was trapped in the blade. She preferred to stay as the large hunting knife with the animal souls that the blade sucked into it at death. Sylvia use to be inside it until her soul was called to be reincarnated, that was two hundred years ago and I miss her very much, not as much as her, but close.

I grabbed Artemis and Vaughn still in my sweat pants, singlet and being barefoot. I didn't care.

"Be good Fetch'ren." I called into the kitchen where the elf was.

"Of course Mistress." I heard him faintly reply not needing to shout since he knew I could hear him perfectly.

I left the house and went after where I could feel Aviva's presence. It was a relatively short trek through the forest while I activated magick markers to keep humans away from my cabin. I stopped at the edge of the forest and eyed the black metallic beast that Aviva was standing beside. I looked down the black road that was made of a material that stunk and felt unnatural, I always hate going near the stuff. I saw no one or anything else coming along the road so stepped out and headed towards Aviva fighting myself to not screw my nose up at the black smelly road.