Good Riddance

Three months pregnant? How on Earth was I gonna raise a kid? I'm nowhere close to where I wanna be in life. I don't even have my shit together.

"I'm not ready to be a mom" I say to myself out loud.

How in the hell was I gonna break the news to Tahj? Am I gonna tell Tahj? Do I really wanna be stuck with this nigga for 18 years?

HELL NO.

~one week later~

Today I'm being released from the hospital and I honestly feel like a different person. Over the past few days I've had nothing but time to think and really figure out what I wanna do in life. I mean after all I will be bringing life into this world.

"Knock knock" a nurse says while standing at the door. "You're finally going home today."

"I know. I can't wait, I've missed my bed" I say all excited. I couldn't wait to change out of these hospital clothes and into some real pajamas.

"How's the baby?" the nurse asks.

"She's good." I reply rubbing my stomach. Truth be told I didn't know whether or not I'm having a girl or a boy. All that I know is that this baby will be loved. Over the course of the last seven days I've grown attached to the idea that I'm finally gonna someone love me unconditionally.

"That's good. I'm gonna get the wheelchair and you're all set to go."

"Do I have to leave in a wheelchair?" I whined. "I'm fine, I can walk."

"I'm sorry hun, but it's hospital rules" the nurse says before leaving.

Remind me to never have my black ass sent back to the hospital. The nurse returns with the wheelchair and I swear I don't wanna be wheeled down the hall like I'm some damsel in distress.

"Who's picking you up? A boyfriend? Relative? Uber driver?" the nurse says as we're leaving.

"None of the above." I answer. "My best friend is picking me up." I couldn't wait to see best friend and catch up on all the latest tea. We finally make it to the entrance and there she is. "Can I walk from here?" I asked the nurse. "There she is right there." I point to her car and I guess she spotted me cause she immediately hops out.

"Yes, you can walk to the car if you would like."

I waste no time getting up. I hadn't seen my girl in so long I practically ran just so I could give her ass a hug.

"Bitch, what did you fuckin' do? Got me up here at this damn hospital." my best friend says after we hug.

"Girl I'll tell you bout it on the way home."

We get in the car and before we can even make it out the parking lot my best friend is itching to know what happened. "Okay bitch, spill it." Zaree says turning down the radio. "What the fuck happened?"

I begin to give her the complete run down from how I found out Tahj was cheating on me, to him having this bitch think I'm his sister and how I ended slashing my fuckin' wrist over him.

"Bitch I wish you would try to kill yourself over some nigga. I woulda rolled right up in Heaven like 'cuse me Jesus' and beat 'cho mothafuckin' ass and dipped."