'My Brother'

"Yeah, he's here" I say spreading the door open completely. "You can come in" I add while stepping to the side so she can enter.

"You just don't know what the hell you've gotten yourself into" I think to myself with an evil smirk on my face.

"So girl how long have you known or been dating my brother?" I ask while heading to the sink to get a cold glass of water.

"Um, two and a half years" she replies.

Suddenly I feel my glass slipping from my hand  and before I knew it I was reaching for my Santoku kitchen knife in my drawer.  TWO AND HALF FUCKIN' YEARS!?

"Kyla what the fuck?" I hear Tahj yell. I quickly turn around with the knife still in my hand. I swear if looks could kill this nigga would be dead right now.

"Is everything thing okay?" Nicole says rushing in, standing next to Tahj. "What the fuck is going on in here."

"What" I say all cool and calm. "Y'all act like y'all never seen a damn knife before."

"What..are you doing with...with the knife" Tahj says all slowly. Judging by the look on his face he's scared shitless.

Good.

"Oh don't be so fuckin' dumb Tahj" I respond getting a little bit upset. "Why the fuck else would I be standing in the kitchen with a knife?"

"I'm about to cook" I add smiley sweetly.

"Then what about the glass that's shattered on the floor? What the hell happened in here?"

"I went to reach for something and I fell" I lied. "What the hell is wrong with? You're acting weird Tahj"

"Maybe I should leave" Nicole chimes in. "I'm feeling a whole lot of tension and I don't think I sh----"

"NO, stay!" I say cutting her off. "My big brother is just overreacting" I say while looking Tahj dead in the eyes. "I'll clean this up later, let's head to the living room, shall we?"

"So what the hell happened in here, if you don't mind me asking"

ACTUALLY BITCH I DO! I think to myself.

"Oh me and Tahj got into it" I say casually while sitting on the couch facing Tahj and Nicole. "We fight like this alllll the time girl. You would think we're a couple instead of brother and sister."

"But anyways, I wanna know more about you. Where'd you two meet?"

"Damn sis, chill" Tahj says. I quickly turn my head to look at him and his punk ass knew to look away. "I'm just saying, I'm sure Nicole doesn't wanna answer a million questions."

"It's cool, I don't mind" Nicole says laughing. "She's your sister so I really don't mind."

"But, uh, we met at the mall a few days before Valentines Day. He stopped me and asked if I could help him pick out a gift for his girlfriend at the time." Nicole says while smiling at looking Tahj. "We've been cool since then."

"So how did we get to this" I ask while pointing at them. "How did y'all go from being 'cool' to a whole relationship?"

"About two or three weeks later, I wanna say, we ran into each other again. He thanked me for helping him and he told me how him and his girlfriend broke up and how he wanted to get to know me."

"Tahj ain't shit girl" I blurt out laughing.

"Don't do my baby" she responds while grabbing Tahj's face and giving him a kiss.

BITCH GET YOUR FUCKIN' LIPS OFF MY MAN.

"C'mon chill" Tahj says while adjusting himself in the seat. "We're gonna be late fooling behind my sister and her shenanigans".

Tahj and Nicole begin to get up and at this point I do too. My blood is boiling and it's taking everything in my mind, body and spirit not to fuck shit up. Tahj just didn't know his ass was in for a rude awakening.

"Tahj you didn't tell me you had plans tonight"

"Yeah, Tahj said he wanted to go out and do something fun tonight" Nicole says adding her unwanted two cents.

How nice.

I follow them as they walk to the door and so badly in my mind I want to grab this bitch by her hair and beat her fucking ass. "You two be safe" I say while giving them a fake smile."

"Thank you, we will" Nicole butts in once again speaking for Tahj. "It was nice meeting you Kyla" she adds leaning in to hug me.

"How do you know my name?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Tahj" she says. "Your brother talks about you from time to time."

"Can you, um, start the car while I talk to my sister in private please?"

Nicole heads to her car and before Tahj can say anything my hand is immediately making contact with his face. I push him off my doorstep and slam the door.

"Kyla, it's not like that I swear. I can explain when I get back I swear."

At this point I feel a huge lump in my throat. I'm not sure but I'm almost certain that the room is spinning. Suddenly my hearing goes out and my mind is racing. All I can think about is what just happened. My legs feel weak and instantly I drop to the floor, bawl up and let out the tears I've been trying to fight back.