Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

            (LOGAN’S POV!)

            I was just finishing off with a retreating enemy fighter.  These guys were nothing.  Why did they even bother?  I mean come on the ESDR is the best, especially with me as a Ranger.  My mouth moved into my customary grin.  Jaycen calls it my “cocky” or “smug” look.  He is probably right. I do love myself an awful lot.

            Man, that boy, ever since I first laid eyes on him, standing stiff at attention as I assessed him, I wanted him.  Every chance I could I touched him, grabbing his arm in the checks was first.  I’m honestly surprised no one noticed I didn’t do that with anyone else. Ugh and when I saw him in the showers….mmmm.

            I shook myself out of my thoughts, knowing I couldn’t go down that road in this situation.  My smile disappeared quickly though as heard the warning.  The panic in Rabbit’s voice put me on immediate alert.

            Checking my screen to view behind me, I realize the shot is too close.  I don’t have enough time to move fully out of the way, at least not enough to be out of danger.  My mind went speeding, then at the last minute emergency training clicked in. 

            Flipping the appropriate switched, I ejected, last second, at high-speed.  Hurtling away just as my beauty blew.  Sparks and metal flew out of my beloved baby.  Well I guess only Jaycen will get that name now.  He’d probably like not sharing it with a ship anyway. 

            Moments later the enemy ship exploded in mid retreat.  Over my comms, I heard curses coming from my fleet.  Dirty mouths.  Jaycen has a dirty mouth after last night.  Oh buddy, last night was amazing and tonight will be better if I have a say in the matter.

            The other Rangers took care of the remaining threats as my team freaked.

“Logan…Logan!....LOGAN!” Jaycen repeated my name in a panic. Oh, baby….but before I could reassure him, two more voices joined.

            “Come on man, answer! I can’t be the only sexy man on base.  It just wouldn’t be right.  Come on please!”  Came Rabbit’s voice.

            “Please, you smug bastard, tell me you hit the release and escaped that crap with your life!” Frog stressed.

            Ugh these people! No faith!

            “Jeez, who do you think you are talking to?  I am the best of the best; of course I hit the release in time! And I am the sexist man on base, always, and don’t you forget it, Rabbit.”

            There were around of “thank gods” and a few sniggers at my response, but is it me or did I not hear Jaycen respond?

            A nearby Ranger picked me up from my floating and the whole lot of use headed in.  as soon as my fleet landed on the hanger floor, I was attacked by Rabbit and Frog.  You can’t always tell from our bickering but we are very close. Almost like brothers hence all the fighting I suppose.

            “Don’t you ever scare us like that again or your ass is grass!”

            I couldn’t help but notice my Jaycen had stayed behind them, watching me quietly, with an odd look on his face.

            Pushing passed my nagging mothers; I approached Jaycen, wanting to hold him something fierce.  I wonder how long it would take for him to let me take us to our room. 

Hmmm, probably not such a good idea, he would probably over question it and think I didn’t want others to know about us or I only wanted him for his body.  I don’t know, maybe he would like it.  But as I got closer to him I knew I could wait until we got to the room for anything, even talking.

            “What’s wrong baby?” I asked as I kissed his forehead. 

            “I thought I lost you.”  He stated flatly, but I couldn’t miss the shining in his eyes.  He was trying not to cry.

“You didn't.  I am too awesome to not exist anymore.”  He winks, but instead of the cocky grin a sweet smile played at his lips.  “Besides, I have my huge ego to cushion the blows life gives me.”

A large grin slowly spread across his face after only a second.  He laughs hard, “Oh man, someone help me!  I think I've fallen for this smug, cocky, dangerous man!”  He shouted this out as though he really were looking for help.  I was elated.  He has fallen for me, and he doesn’t care who knows it.

”About time! I think I fell for you that first time in the showers.”  I gave him a saucy wink as I swatted his bum.

“Oh, really?” He asked, looking kind of suspicious.  At my nod, he continued with, “Well since you beat me in the ‘falling for him’ area, then I’ll just have to beat you in the ‘saying it’ area.” 

I had to move quickly.

“I love you!”

“I love you!”

Dang it! A second too late.  Everyone surrounding us who heard our little exchange was busting a gut.  I am not going to live this one down.  I was beat again by this little minx.  This was going to be a very interesting, and hopefully never ending, relationship.

[See guys! Such little faith in you all too, lol.  I would never kill off my chuck norris of the future ;) hehe.  You shoulda known...it even says in my about me area that I don't like sad stories!  And as you may have noticed, this chapter was dedicated to Whazzup....because she basically guessed it with her desperate want for Logan's safety! Way to go!  I hope you guys enjoyed this.  There are still two more chapters.....the next one is going to be VERY steamy.  The chapter many on you have been waiting for.  It might even be its own restricted story. Who knows?  All depends on how graphic I can get, which I think will be very little. Hope you guys liked it! May<3   oh and ps I am not sure how I like the ending here...I might change it but I'll keep you posted.]