Chapter 8

Camila spent the night at Dinah's. Ever since yesterday she's been paranoid. I made breakfast and decided to go bring some to Camila. I drove over to Dinah's house. "Who's there?" Dinah asked.
"Me,"
She opened the door and let me in. Camila was in bed staring at the doorway with a worried look. "It's just me," I soothed heading over to give her a quick peck on her cheek. She smiled in relief and looked at the box I was holding. "This is just breakfast for you,"
I feel really bad for her. Shawn was taken to jail and some other guys who were in the building. She held my hand as she ate.
"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded and continued. "So you shot somebody?" she asked interested. I nodded with a smile, "Yep, it was scary."

~

Camila tightly held my hand and stood close as we walked down the hallway towards our dorm. I fished for my keys and finally found them and unlocked the door. She went in first and sat on her bed. "How could Shawn do that?" she asked staring at me with wide eyes.
"I've know him since forever," she added. No words came out of my mouth.

"Camila, tell me the whole story."

She sighed, "I watched as you were getting beat up. I yelled your name when you were knocked out but you never moved. Shawn touched me... and so did the others while I was in the van. They put a bag over my head and when we arrived they shoved me into that room and tied me up. They were debating on hanging me or not. At that point I was balling my eyes out. Luckily they didn't but they did cut me."

She pulled up her shirt a bit showing a big cut across her side. I went over to examine it.
"Does it hurt?"
"Only when I touch it,"

"I'm so sorry Camila,"

"It's not your fault," she replied.

"Sure it is! It's all because of me!"

"Y/n, it wasn't you, I can explain"

Her eyes stared into mine. She hasn't told me something. "What?"
"Y/n, when I broke up with Austin I started dating Shawn. Then he found out about you. He started getting jealous then he got really mad when he heard we were hanging out and when you said we made out. I broke his heart so all he wanted was revenge." she explained a worried look on her face.

What? How? She kept that a secret from me? She could've just told me and it would've been all alright. "Camila why didn't you tell me? I would've been completely fine with it,"

"I really like you and Shawn well..." she trailed off.

"And?"

She stared at me again. Her lips smashed against mine. I was surprised at the sudden movement. I kissed back and she pushed me down as I lay on the bed leaving my hands at her waist. I kissed her deeply then moved towards her neck leaving hot marks on her neck and collarbone. She pulled back as there was a knock on the door. She got off letting me answer it. Once I opened it I saw two adults standing there. "Mom! Dad!" Camila came running towards them. I stepped back and watched as she hugged them both. They stepped in and I gave them a small wave. Her dad eyed me as he noticed her fresh hickeys. Camila covered them up with her hand and smiled.

"Mom, dad, this is Y/n." she introduced me.

"Hello," I greets them.

Only her mom replied but her dad still eyed me.

"So how long are you guys staying?" she asked. "We're planning our next trip in a few months"
An hour and a half later they were gone and went to get get lunch. Camila and I looked at each other, "That sort of ruined it all." Camila frowned, "Yeah but I haven't seen them in months."
I nodded in understanding. If you haven't noticed Camila and I are dating but we haven't been on any dates. We went to the store for food in the dorm and I was just thinking about where we could go out. We could try going to the drive-ins again. While we walked down the aisle I thought about the perfect date.

"Should we get ramen?" she broke me out of my thoughts.

I gave her a quick nod and looked around noticing a banana hat. "I'll be back,"
I headed over to the hat sitting on a shelf. I needed to hide it from Camila. I payed for it and hid it in the car.
"Where were you?" she asked at the cash register.

"I got lost trying to find you," I lied.

We were finally back at the dorm and I stored our food in the mini fridge. Camila went out to go spend time with her parents. This was the perfect time to set up our date.

"Hello?" the guy on the other end said.

"Hello, Im wondering if it's possible to rent out a screen for the night." I asked.

The guy didn't respond till a few moments later, "Yes but that'll be $215."

I hung up after agreeing and headed back to the store. Once I was back up front there were candles, a lighter, and some other romantic things for the date. When I got back to the door I made sure when Camila was coming back. I wrapped up her gifts and grabbed popcorn and some food for the date. It was 8:00 and it was getting dark. I set out some blankets and a few candles with some rose petals surrounding it. The food was in a basket and some gifts sitting around as well.

Y/n - Are you heading back to the dorm?

Camila🍌🐨 - yeah

I arrived at the dorm and noticed Camila on her bed taking a nap. She was softly snoring and I nudged her.
"Wake up, beautiful."
She groaned as she opened her eyes to see me.
"What?" she asked sitting up slowly.
"Follow me,"

We drove to the drive-in and I led her to the sight. I uncovered her eyes and she gasped as she saw everything setup. The candles were flickering bright in the darkness. I pulled out some roses and handed them to her with a wink. She blushed and sat down on the blankets.
"Open the gifts," I gestured.

She glanced at me before opening one. It was in a cylinder shaped box. When she opened it confetti and glitter sprayed all over her. I laughed so hard my stomach started to hurt and I almost shed tears. She only stared at me with a 'I hate you' look. The next gift was in a regular box and she opened it slowly at a distance. Inside was the banana hat. She laughed and put in on. The rest of the night we ate and watched the movie. She was sitting on my lap fast asleep. I carried her to the car and set her down in the seat buckling her up. The blankets and things were packed up in the trunk.

Everything was quiet in the dorm. She was sleeping on her bed and I was putting everything away. I stripped down to some shorts and no shirt. I covered up with the blankets and chuckled as I saw her still wearing the banana hat. I shut my eyes but lips connected with mine. Camila was kissing me softly while sitting on my stomach. She grinned a bit on me making me excited. She chuckled as she noticed but only kissed me one last time and laying next to me.

"I love you..."