Mood Swings

"Okay, well have fun and give everyone my love." Penelope said. Joey tried to balance his phone in between his ear and shoulder, while grabbed his suitcase.

"I most defiantly will, I need to go find Darren I will talk to you later." Joey said pulling up the handle.

"Okay, bye."

Joey hung up the phone and began to walk, and scan around for his curly haired friend. The airport was particularly busy, and people seamed to be spilling out of every nook and cranny. Joey took a relaxing breath when he saw Darren standing beside a vending machine.

"Oh thank God!" Darren exclaimed when he saw Joey. "Come on we have to go now!" he said then started to push Joey forward.

"Whoa wheres the fire?" Joey asked trying to catch up with Darren who had now ran in front of him. Darren didn't say anything just ran out side. When they reached Darren's truck Joey threw his suitcase in the back and hopped in the passenger seat. "Hello, Darren, why are you acting like you just killed three people and you need to get away fast?" Joey said trying to get his best friends attention.

"Its Lauren she has been... Well, moody, and mean, its just the hormones. But we think a new face for her to... let her anger out on just might do the trick, at least till the wedding." Darren said starting up the car and driving off.

"Wait, your basically gonna throw me in the shark tank to be eaten!"

"Yep, that is the plan."

"I'll have you know I do not approve of this." Joey said crossing his arms.

"Well, just hope you caught her on a good day." Darren said with a smile.

When Darren reached his apartment complex he put his truck in park and him and Joey got out. Joey grabbed his suitcase and followed Darren inside.

"Lauren, I'm home." Darren said as they entered in to the apartment. A loud scream came from the back room. Darren immediately ran to the back room, and Joey followed. Darren tried to open the door.

"Lauren the door is locked, are you okay?" Darren said frantically as he tried to open the door.

"It's locked on purpose, I'm in my dress and I don't want you to see, it's bad luck." Lauren said. A wave of relief washed over Darren.

"Well sweetie take it off, Joey is here."

"Um... I can't it's stuck, the zipper is hung."

"Well unlock the door and let me come in and help you."

As the two bickered back and forth like an old married couple. Joey grabbed his suitcase and wondered off to put it in there spare room. Joey opened the door to find the room empty, except for two large boxes.

"Oh, sorry man we're turning this room into the nursery." Darren said walking up behind Joey.

"No it's fine, but is it it a bit early?" Joey asked.

"Lauren was crying one night saying how our child was going to sleep in a cardboard box because we're horrible parents and haven't started on a nursery yet."

"I understand now." Joey said with a chuckle. "I can stay with my parents if you think that would be better?"

"No, no... NO. Look I love Lauren, but right now she is just... I don't know but I NEED you here." Darren said in a hushed tone.

"What are you guys talking about?" Lauren said walking up to the two boys, clearly she had gotten out of the dress. "Oh the nursery, I'm so excited to set it up!" Lauren said before the boys had a chance to speak.

Joey looked over Lauren and he noticed that her bump had grown.

"Well Joey is gonna stay with us until the wedding." Darren said clearing his throat and walking into the living room.

"Oh goodie." Lauren said following Darren.

Joey was confused, Darren had been saying that Lauren was having horrible mood swings, she seemed perfectly okay to him.

Joey walked into the living room and sat down on the couch and Lauren sat beside him.

"So how are things with you and Penelope?" Lauren asked.

"Oh good were taking it slow." Joey said wit a smile.

"Good take it slow. Really slow, because the next thing you know she will be PREGNANT BECAUSE SOMEONE FORGOT TO PUT A CONDOM ON!" Lauren said angrily. Joey now under stood what Darren was talking about earlier.

The next ten minutes consisted of Lauren yelling at Darren, and Darren being very calm with her. And at the end of Laurens mood swing tantrum she was sitting in Darrens lap crying over the fact that there were no Pizza Rolls in the freezer.

Eventually Jamie and Meredith showed up at there apartment to have a small Bachelorette party. Darren kissed Lauren good bye and the boys set off for Darrens 'bigger than life bachelor party' or at least that's what Joe had been saying.

"I need to set the record straight." Darren said once they were out side. "I didn't forget the condom Lauren told me it was okay." Darren sad with a huff and walked to his truck. Joey followed him laughing.