Take Me Home

Darren and Lauren headed back to California back to there place. They promised Joey that tey would tell everyone soon but they had to tell there parents first. Joey understood and agreed to bite his lip longer.

I need a way to stop my self from telling. Joey thought to himself.

He walked over to his desk and pulled out a post it note and wrote:

DO NOT TELL ANYONE!

It was worth a shot. He ripped it off and stuck it on his night stand. And for extra measures he wrote it in his hand.

A couple hours passed and Joey was studying for his US History mid term.

"I'm back and I feel better than ever!" Evan sad as he walked in the room.

"Well I hope you did some studying while you were away, mid terms are tomorrow." Joey reminded him.

"Joey relax, I remember, all I did was study, I'm so ready." He said walking over to the refrigerator. "Do not tell anyone, in all caps on a sticky note, what's this about."

"Didn't you read, I can tell." Joey said.

"What's up with them everywhere?" He said opening the cabinet finding another one.

" I made one and put it on my night stand and write it on my hand but I was afraid it wouldn't work so I put them everywhere."

"Well now that you have me interested you have to tell."

"No."

"Come on man you can't just flaunt it around the dorm it's not fair." Evan said.

After all the effort Joey put into making sure he wouldn't tell he gave in. He dosent know then so everything will be fine. Joey reminded himself. "Look you have to swear to never tell anyone."

"I won't I owe you one for keeping me in school so I swear I won't tell."

I'm starting to realize that I'm a gossip mill just like Meridith.

●●●

Joey zipped up his final bag, he was ready to go home. Joey had aced all his mid terms. He looked around his dorm seeing if he forgot anything, his eye stopped on Evans bed there was a note on it.

Dear Joey,
I ACED my midterms! And it's all thanks to you, I'm not good at writing letters so have a great fall break, I'll be on a cruise, it's a reward for passing. It's all thanks to you
Evan

Joey smiled and put the note back down and pick up his suite case and headed off.

Joey was almost to the gate of campus when another person came crashing into him. The stuff in there hands went flying everywhere, and Joeys suite case fell to the ground. Joey looked up and noticed it was Bella.

"Whe have to stop meeting like this." Joey told her then extended his hand to help her up. She just laughed him off and she started picking her stuff up. "So how have you been?"

"Good." She said sharply.

"Good, so I saw you with Tony Willard yeaterday. Are you two like a thing now?"

"Yes we are." She said turning around and facing him.

"Well I wish you two the best." Joey said then turned around and started to walk off.

"Why did you run away?" She called out.

"Bella I-"

"Was it me, something I did? Because it felt like all night you were sending me these signs." She said cutting him off.

"I was scared, horrified, that you wanted to kiss me, and... and I was stupid, I went back to my dorm and basically yelled and complained about how I messed it up, how I blew my shot with this beautiful girl, who I had talked no stop about to them ever since I met you."

"Joey.." She said softly. "I had no idea.."

"Well now you do, so have fun with Tony." He said then left the campus.

●●●

The wheels on Joeys plane touched down in San Francisco at 5 o'clock pm. He grabbed his luggage and began to walk out when a bright neon poster board cought his eyes.

WELCOME HOME JOEY RICHTER♡

Holding up the sign was Meredith and Jaime. But scattered all around the two girls were Brian, Dylan, and Joe.

"Welcome home little baby!" Meridith said then squeezed his cheeks.

"Uh, where is Darren and Lauren?" Joey asked them.

"We have no clue, they have been really distant ever since they got back from Michigan." Joe explained as they walked out of the airport.

"Joey, did anything happen while they were there?" Jaime asked worried. Joey bit his lip and looked up. He took a deep breath and thought, you can't tell.

"Omigod that's your trying to keep a secret face!" Meredith yelled, forcing the entire group to stop.

"What's wrong with them?" Brian asked.

"Nothing." Joey squeaked out, then bit his hand. Joey knew his friends could get it out of him. He looked up and down the street, while his friends bombarded him with questions and guesses as to what could be up. Just then a yellow light of hope came rolling his way, a taxi. Joey burst away from the group and flagged down the taxi. The taxi stopped and he got in.

"Drive, drive, drive!" Joey yelled. The cab zoomed off far away from the others.

"Can I have an adress." To cab driver asked. Joey leaned up in the seat and told the driver the information. Joey knew exactly where Darren and Lauren were and that's where he was headed. Darrens house.

Darrens parents were rich, but they never just gave there children money. They tried to teach there children that the world won't just hand you what you want so neither will we. One late night during Joeys freshman year and Darrens sophomore year they started talking about where they grew up. They found out that they both lived in San Francisco, not that far away from each other. But where Darren grew up the houses were big and all the kids went to fancy private schools. But where Joey grew up the houses were normal, and the people were middle class, and the kids went to public schools. But every time Joey goes to Darrens house he always wonders what would've happened if they did meet. Darren would tell Joey how him and his brother had to work for everything. "All the other kids parents just gave them cars, but my parents made me work for the money to buy a car myself, it tough me a valuable lesson, and made me respect my car a whole lot more." Darren told Joey one late night. Joey respected Darrens parents because they broke the status quo of rich people.

The car came to a rough stop out side the house. Joey got his suite case and got out.

"For sale?!" Joey said when he got out. There was a bright for sale sign in front of the house. "Oh this can't be good." Joey said then picked up his back and went inside.